Get AMAZING battery life with 3 simple steps

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I Decided to run the Die hard battery Calibrator along side the 3G Turbocharger and v6 Supercharger and so far now only does my phone FLY it been up for nearly 4 hours and only lost 13%. (this is with normal to heavy usage)

EDIT:
458d751f-63c9-9dd2.jpg

EDIT 2: Heres the link if anyone wants to try it out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

EDIT 3: I text like a mad man, also been using my phone for Web since my laptop gave out, I'm just doing what I believe is fair and trying to look out for my fellow bloggers if you want to try it put great if not great but I'm just giving you guys a heads up from my success :p

42575528-ec65-476f.jpg

EDIT 4: lasted a full day at work since last night when I first posted I'm impressed

42575528-3223-884b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sandman132

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What is heavy use to you? By the screen shot it looks like light use as cell standby is the second most things draining the battery.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
To me it is pretty risky throwing a slew of mystery patches on the OS. They might be fine, but they also might have unexpected other effects. I also assume it requires root.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, not willing to try this one till i see more happy customers.

Root being so easy to achieve i would think that a lot of forum goers here are rooted now.

If not...well get over there and root, unless you're worried about your warranty :)

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Cell standby can be a high drain with heavy usage. especially if you don't have good signal.

You have a point. But everything on the list are things running in the background pretty much. I don't see the browser there or any messaging app or music or games or video or phone calls. To me those things are what constitute heavy use.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You have a point. But everything on the list are things running in the background pretty much. I don't see the browser there or any messaging app or music or games or video or phone calls. To me those things are what constitute heavy use.

Well my messages, browser and tappatalk aren't showing up but that doesn't mean I'm not using it

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing seems "simple" about these steps. I hope an easier guide comes along. felt a little overwhelmed reading it all.

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
V6 is easy use smanager make sure u run as root then checc the skull in the script n follow directions but if ur on ics then it gets a Lil triccy but if u have question I'll assist the best I can

via my cm9'd v6'd SGE4G

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
V6 is easy use smanager make sure u run as root then checc the skull in the script n follow directions but if ur on ics then it gets a Lil triccy but if u have question I'll assist the best I can

via my cm9'd v6'd SGE4G

Actually with smanager its still easy on ics, I ran it 123 it gave me no hiccups at all, all you have to do is download the script follow the instructions (which is press a for this b for that)

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any use for this for my phone get excellent battery life and 70% of the battery drain is from the screen. if i really wanted more i could set the screen to a dedicated brightness instead of automatic to get less of that drain from the screen. without doing any of this. that would be step one for battery saving seeing its the first one on the list. if you can make that number lower, your doing better. but with 18+ hours with my normal use. i think im ok with automatic

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any use for this for my phone get excellent battery life and 70% of the battery drain is from the screen. if i really wanted more i could set the screen to a dedicated brightness instead of automatic to get less of that drain from the screen. without doing any of this. that would be step one for battery saving seeing its the first one on the list. if you can make that number lower, your doing better. but with 18+ hours with my normal use. i think im ok with automatic

+1^^^ I don't see the need for this. Good find and all but I'm already getting 18-24 hours out of a charge and if i'm running low, i'm always by a charger between home, work and my car. This just seems like a bit much for me, hopefully someone out there will take advantage of this.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
+1^^^ I don't see the need for this. Good find and all but I'm already getting 18-24 hours out of a charge and if i'm running low, i'm always by a charger between home, work and my car. This just seems like a bit much for me, hopefully someone out there will take advantage of this.

ya, I'm not knocking the find either. I'm just stating that, really if you want to gain more battery life, worry about the first drainer, the screen. before you go and change core files. thats just my thought

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but no thanks. If it ain't broken, I won't fix it. I'm loving my 36 hour average battery life right now.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good now. It takes a day and a half to kill my phone....plus I'm typically around a charger. If you don't need it I wouldn't waste the space or memory

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but no thanks. If it ain't broken, I won't fix it. I'm loving my 36 hour average battery life right now.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Same here, I'm getting ~30 hours without any tweaks and using it WAY heavier than I did my EVO 3D (which got 12-15 hours if i babied it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781