Is the HTC evo 4g lte worth the $550 of connect price?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Also is this handset that much better than the Samsung epic 4g touch. I hate the GPS on my e4gt and am also wondering if the GPS is reliable?

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Epic Touch. Not worth $550 for better connectivity IMO. However, better connectivity is pretty much the sole reason for me to upgrade (also to not get the Galaxy S3 instead). GPS is significantly better. Using apps like GPS Status I can say that the signal locks quicker, more satellites are in view, more satellites are in use, SNR is much higher for the same satellites, location is more accurate and it has never failed to get a lock in any situation. My Epic Touch frequently would not get a lock until I restarted the phone. All other radios also seem a better overall.

Is the handset that much better? Yes but not $550 better. What is better is the hardware and not the software. Overall UI is not as smooth as TouchWiz and Sense 4.0 has its issues. You will notice the difference in everyday use (UI stutters, web browser laggy, etc...). All software issues. I love the feel of the phone. Very solid. Samsung plastic never bothered me until i got use to the solid feel of the new EVO. Same goes with 720p resolution. I didn't care for it till I got use to it not everything less looks blurry. I also miss the kickstand.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Also is this handset that much better than the Samsung epic 4g touch. I hate the GPS on my e4gt and am also wondering if the GPS is reliable?

Coming from the epic touch the evo is definitely better. The gps on my epic was the most annoying thing ever, IT would never lock for me. The evo has no such problems with the gps. Evo feels very solid and looks great, and performs even better. Go with the evo put the Sammy on craigslist and pick one up.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
lol what i have done several times in the past...

Added another line of service to get the discount's. It costs you 20$ a month extra till your first line expires then you simply cancel that line.

This is what i do if Sprint tries to block you from buying out your contract. You just have to calculate savings vs 20$ a month for X amount of months you have left.

Note: Once you add a line you switch your number to the new phone. If your old phone has the 10$ data fee then put an old phone on that line to get past the charge ;)

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. I like the "sell it on craigslist" idea. I might try to do that. If it wasn't for the GPS I would ride my e4gt till it dies!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon