Search bar missing in internet app?!

barnabasc

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from my evo shift to the new evo 4g lte..

and I'm totally missing the search bar at the top of the internet browser when using the default internet app..

is there a way to quickly type a search while browsing a page? like if I'm on espn.com and what to quickly do a google search for brett favre.. i used to be able to just touch the search button at the top and i could just start typing.. what do u do now?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Click the Menu looking icon at the top of the browser and open a new window. It will open up google as the home page.

Hope this helps.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The browser works like chrome, if you go to the address bar you can use that as your search bar. I do out all the time while on the Web app.

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
just type in the address bar. maybe i don't understand the question. but if i need something i just type it. does a google search, done

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The address bar in just about every mobile browser is also a search bar. Just type it in and press enter!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
ICS Browser + or Chrome are much better AND they don't get rid of your status bar. (I have 1280 pixels, I can give up the 25 for the status bar, thanks)