Did I get a bad phone?

Noxzoul

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the OG EVO, I love this phone and I cannot wait for a nice AOSP ROM for it. So far the only things I have done to my phone are root and install Clockwork Recovery. However, I have been having odd issues with it. I have done some searching and I didn't see others having the same problems so I am wondering if it is bad hardware. I cannot find any correlation with times or locations for the issues. Most are just random and will happen at work or at home (I work 50 minutes north of my home), so I don't think it is a network issue. Also my wife has an iPhone 4S on Sprint and she is not having any issues with GPS, SMS, or call. I have an AIRRAVE at home, but again I do not think it is a network issue. Here are the issues...

Back Button needs to be pushed harder than other
Sometimes wireless will disconnect / reconnect randomly
Sometimes I need to turn off and on my wireless (on the phone) to get data moving over Wi-Fi
Sometimes calls do not ring to my phone, they will just keep ringing until voicemail picks it up
Sometimes delayed and repeated text messages, only SMS, MMS seem to work
For about 12 hours or so I could not send any SMS, but MMS worked. This happened from Sunday the 9th into Monday the 10th
Sometimes no text message notification, I am using the default messaging application
Sometimes GPS will show me about 3 hours north of where I live

Shortly before posting this I went back to factory defaults and still saw the text notification issue. I will have to wait a few days to test the other issues.
Thanks.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
There have been quite a few rumblings about wifi disconnecting when the phone is sleeping.

Also, I have been missing a call or two without the phone ringing. Have not had any major texting problems personally but, I believe someone else in the forums did. I suggest an exchange to see if that helps?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Noxzoul

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having 2 of does issues which r the back button not always responding n the WiFi always disconnecting n reconnecting

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting is a separate issue from the WiFi disconnecting on sleep. I had the same issue WiFi would disconnect 3g would connect and vice versa. Sometimes doing so 3 or 4 times a minute.

My fix was to install WiFi manager from the playstore and connect w WiFi thru that. If u search the forum for WiFi issues or WiFi fix u will find it. I've posted it about 5 different times. Seems to work for a lot of people.

Before rooting my phone last nite I had issues w it again. However after rooting I haven't had any more problems with it.

For the WiFi sleep problem I haven't tested since I use juice defender to stop all data when the phone is in sleep. Give it a try tho, maybe it will help u out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What kind of results have you seen with Juice Defender on this phone? I have been more than happy with battery life without using it yet. I used it on my 3D and it definitely helped. On good days when I am around wifi all day, I have been getting 18-19 hours on 1 charge with pretty heavy use. On days that I am away from wifi and using heavy data and also connected to bluetooth I am getting 13-15 hours on one charge. For me, that is excellent. I am just curious what you have been getting with Juice Defender.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What kind of results have you seen with Juice Defender on this phone? I have been more than happy with battery life without using it yet. I used it on my 3D and it definitely helped. On good days when I am around wifi all day, I have been getting 18-19 hours on 1 charge with pretty heavy use. On days that I am away from wifi and using heavy data and also connected to bluetooth I am getting 13-15 hours on one charge. For me, that is excellent. I am just curious what you have been getting with Juice Defender.

If u used it with the 3d then its about the same. It doesn't help much when ur using it constantly. Really shines when u don't. Today when I was asleep it only dropped 3%. Didn't take a screenshot but it was @ 87% after 10 1/2 hours. Granted, 8 of those hours I was asleep.

Other than that, I've only had it installed for a few days now. Think it will help a lot more when I can flash a non-sense Rom and custom kernel like it did on my og EVO.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech