Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If I were to root and install a custom ROM, will I still be able to use the awesome camera features, like burst, snap a photo while shooting video and the camera button?

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
If I were to root and install a custom ROM, will I still be able to use the awesome camera features, like burst, snap a photo while shooting video and the camera button?

If it's a Sense-based ROM, it's most likely that those features would be preserved. If it's a vanilla android or CM9 based ROM, well then it depends on how the dev implements the camera functions, which will depend on how easy it is to extract those out of Sense and integrate them into their respective ROM.
In the beginning, I was dead set on waiting for a CM9 port, but now I'm leaning towards a debloated/tweaked/tuned Sense-based ROM that preserves the great camera features, among other things.
I'm chomping at the bit to scratch my ROM-flashing itch with some of the offerings over on XDA; I just haven't had the time to do so yet.

Reactions: Starfleet Captain

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Try using a Launcher. If you aren't the hacking type, a launcher is the best way to stop the Sense Memory Dump. Nova Launcher works great on this phone!

Not true at all. A launcher does not keep sense from continuing to run in the background. I've installed the Nova launcher and the HTC sense multitasking is still there. Until you replace the ROM with one that has sense removed it will still be using resources in the background.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I was honestly un-impressed at first. I came from an epic Touch and had the hardest time switching from an SAMOLED screen. But as time went by the Evo LTE impressed me more and more each day. Most of what I love about the new EVO do not immediately jump out at you.

1) Sturdy build quality. I never minded Samsung plastics. I kind of preferred it because it generally made a phone lighter. After not using my epic Touch for a couple of days I picked it back up and was disgusted. How could I have ever liked plastics over sturdy materials??

2) The SLCD2 screen. Sure it's not SAMOLED but give it a week and you wont want to go back. The Epic touch looks horribly pixel-ated and saturated now. What was I thinking?

3) Radios. It's nice to be able to receive calls where I could not earlier. To not have to reboot just to get GPS working. The FM radio is also a huge plus as I listen to music often and sprint's data is not sufficient for streaming with low signal

4) Camera. It was hard to take a good picture. With some tweaking and getting use to it they just look so much better now

5) Kickstand. Use it more and more everyday. I have IP cams in my house and generally leave my phone constantly getting a live stream to keep an eye on things. Having my phone propped up is just big icing on the cake

well damn...i could go on forever as I continue to find things I love about it

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I always pay attention to all these fantastic encounters about how fantastic G07 displays are, and
I just don't see it independently. I've had nothing but issues out of G07's
over the years. Nowadays I was running on one, it had a affordable image but
needed a capkit and wouldn't connect, so I put a capkit in, and then can't get
the connect to variety up quite right on the overall action, so as I'm modifying the
vertical bring, the notice just goes vacant. Still seems to be like it's on, but
no image. Turn the overall action off, coming back on, notice comes up progressively going.
Adjust the immediately bring, display goes dead again. Now the notice won't
show an image even though I can pay attention to it's on and there's no connects provided.

Um. What?

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been impressed since day 1. I agree about the whole multi-tasking issue but the way I use the phone I've not been bothered by it since I don't multi-task like a lot of folks who're really bothered by it.

I do hope it gets fixed, but as much as I love the new sense I know I'll eventually throw CM9 on this so it isn't a big deal. The two things that impress me everyday are the battery life and also the screen.. can't say enough about either.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Use the home key instead, not the multitasking key.

That actually doesn't work ... doing this will only work if you do not start another app before going back into the previous recent app ... It WILL refresh if you press the home key and start another app.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm one of the few that really don't have any issues to complain about or make me want a different phone. So far everything is pretty good for me. My small complaint is the power plug should still be on the bottom. Besides that minor annoyance things are grand!

I know we all use these devices differently so different things will bug some and not others.

But so far this phone and battery life are awesome. Just waiting for LTE to get some of those speeds!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm one of the few that really don't have any issues to complain about or make me want a different phone. So far everything is pretty good for me. My small complaint is the power plug should still be on the bottom. Besides that minor annoyance things are grand!

I know we all use these devices differently so different things will bug some and not others.

But so far this phone and battery life are awesome. Just waiting for LTE to get some of those speeds!

Nope, I too have been more than happy with the HTC Evo 4G LTE and wouldn't trade it for any other android out there ..I have the need for speed.:):beer:;):p:D:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been impressed since day 1. I agree about the whole multi-tasking issue but the way I use the phone I've not been bothered by it since I don't multi-task like a lot of folks who're really bothered by it.

I do hope it gets fixed, but as much as I love the new sense I know I'll eventually throw CM9 on this so it isn't a big deal. The two things that impress me everyday are the battery life and also the screen.. can't say enough about either.

Totally agree. Wouldn't trade it for anything else available.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty set on this phone. I'm just waiting to get some hands on with the GSIII first. I hate a lot about what they did with it, but I'm going to root anyway, so I just want it for the hardware.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of exchanging for iphone. I really do not like ICS, I have not been able to transfer music on the phone without complicated apps that require complcated extras.

I get a lot of emails that "cannot be displayed".
I like the big screen/swype and being able to talk to make messages. But, have found the android apps really bad compared to the ones on my ipad touch.

I really do not want to have to hire someone to help me get my phone going. I have had it for 3 weeks and am not impressed by Android at all.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of exchanging for iphone. I really do not like ICS, I have not been able to transfer music on the phone without complicated apps that require complcated extras.

I like the big screen/swype and being able to talk to make messages. But, have found the android apps really bad compared to the ones on my ipad touch.

I really do not want to have to hire someone to help me get my phone going. I have had it for 3 weeks and am not impressed by Android at all.

Interesting. I just copied music folders from my OG EVO to the new EVOLTE and that was it. Music up and playing. No complicated apps at all.

Have fun in apple land.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the LTE.
I was going to stick to my 3d for my pair of extended 4000mah batts on it, but the LTE screen is a joy to use, worth being tethered to walls.. so I swapped my 3d for my relative's lte (she's not a power user so I had the fortune of choice).

The common complaints don't really bother me, I run a lot of stuff, but I guess not the apps that are all that negatively affected by the pause/unpause/reload mechanism. and I run nova launcher without issue.

Well, count one for impressed here.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Huh? There are about a dozen ways to easily transfer music (or ANY file type) to and from Android, wirelessly or via USB. Compared to iTunes (ugh), I'd say it's anything BUT complicated.

Never once seen this and I have 6 POP email accounts on my EVO LTE. Then again, I do get the occasional email with a missing attachment, and it's always from iPhone users ... hmmm ;)

Ok, maybe the iPhone does make sense for you.

evopg12

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone less than a week after it came out,i must say its prolly the best phone ive owned.the pictures are excellant so crisp so clear the look of the phone is georgeous eve the classic kickstand is second to none.Im eagerly awaiting 4glte to come to louisville so i can realize the full potential of this phone.i might root it eventually but not right now.:cool::cool:

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Uh ohh...after singing it's praises nonstop for the past couple of weeks, it hit me with the first random reboot during a session of texting a few people. C'mon EVO...you little bastard.

Sent via EVO LTE

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Also...
Dear HTC, if a fix for the broken multitasking kills the great EVO LTE battery life, please leave it be. I'll deal with the multitasking in favor of this battery life.
Thanks.

Sent via EVO LTE

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Not true at all. A launcher does not keep sense from continuing to run in the background. I've installed the Nova launcher and the HTC sense multitasking is still there. Until you replace the ROM with one that has sense removed it will still be using resources in the background.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

I was not referring to the multi-tasking issue; that aggressive kill is not something that can be solved without a hack.

I am referring to the times Sense crashes when going to the home screen. It looks like you just turned on the phone and your home screens need to reload. That?s an issue I get when I do not use a launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay