Ghost Armor Matte backing

yocubed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So I got my ghost armor matte skin for the back of the phone in today and I must say I'm quite impressed. It's a wet apply design but I just took the NFC cover off to install. I only put the NFC cover skin on in the pic and while not a total match for the anodized aluminum it is 1000% better than the glossy cover. Here's a quick picture of it on my phone. Click it for a larger image

I got it from Ghost Armor's website here
Ghost Armor | HTC EVO 4G LTE
and it came as an added bonus with 2 screen protectors and a sleek white microfiber pouch that fits the phone

All told I'm very satisfied with Ghost Armor and would highly recommend them

yocubed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
my final total was $23.

I used promo code ga4life to get 20% off but shipping was $5 and they add tax if you have a ghost armor store in your state

They have free shipping for orders over 29.99

Reactions: miicho85

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
This is worth of a first post on here. My question is does it cover both the top and bottom of the device. If so, is there a reason you didnt put it on (ugly, didnt match, etc.) I seriously wanna buy this. Also, how hard was it to install, easier than an invisibleshield or what? Thanks

Edit: Also, how does it feel? Better than the bottom or worse? Sorry for all the questions, i just have bad luck with device accesories.

MichaelMonroe

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that's an ugly a$$ look. The original high gloss top looks much more elegant and matches the bottom half better. This looks like a charcoal brick that is half burned. YUK.!!.

jinx8402

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
This has me thinking. What about plasti dip? I wonder if that would match the bottom half just as good/better. Best part is you can get a can at Home Depot for around $5. I have some trim exterior panels on my car dipped and it looks good, not sure how i't be on a phone. Best part if you don't like it, you can just peel it right off.

SF Steven

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that's an ugly a$$ look. The original high gloss top looks much more elegant and matches the bottom half better. This looks like a charcoal brick that is half burned. YUK.!!.

<sigh>

Seriously? You couldn't read it, look at the photo, decide you didn't like it and just move on?

At least we won't be seeing you post any more in this thread...

dubdrop

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
<sigh>

Seriously? You couldn't read it, look at the photo, decide you didn't like it and just move on?

At least we won't be seeing you post any more in this thread...

Honestly everyone is entitled to an opinion and I agree. it doesn't look as good so its not for me. ill save my money. if you dig it enjoy. I roll with a case regardless

yocubed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for taking a while to get back I'll try to answer a few questions

My question is does it cover both the top and bottom of the device. If so, is there a reason you didnt put it on (ugly, didnt match, etc.) I seriously wanna buy this. Also, how hard was it to install, easier than an invisibleshield or what?

It comes with pieces for the NFC cover, kickstand, both bottom pieces and the upper portion of the front above the glass (basically to cover all the aluminum). I didn't put the other pieces on because I liked the look of it with just the top on. Though I might try the other pieces to see what they look like on the phone. It actually feels really good in the hand. The matte finish feels slightly grippier than the bare aluminum but much closer than the glossy back did.

The install was very similar to prior invisible shield installs I've done and the XO skin screen install I did on the same phone. You can take the cover off and apply the skin so that you don't have to worry about getting the internals wet, which is the route I'd actually recommend.

Tad off topic, but that's a Dell XPS that your evo is on right?

Yep that's my XPS 15 I bought last year. I love the thing. The 1080p screen is beautiful.

Wonder if you could simply sand the cover to give it a matte look... Would be a total PITA to work around the lens tho.

I believe it was on XDA that I read about someone who sanded the back down with 600 grit and it came out looking very close to the original aluminum look. I'd be too worried I'd mess it up though so I took the easier, if not more expensive, way out.

Stay tuned because I'm going to put the rest on later today and update this thread with new pictures.

Last edited:

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I got my ghost armor matte skin for the back of the phone in today and I must say I'm quite impressed. It's a wet apply design but I just took the NFC cover off to install. I only put the NFC cover skin on in the pic and while not a total match for the anodized aluminum it is 1000% better than the glossy cover. Here's a quick picture of it on my phone. Click it for a larger image
[URL=http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq33/papajohn2000/th_CIMG2024.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

I got it from Ghost Armor's website here
Ghost Armor | HTC EVO 4G LTE
and it came as an added bonus with 2 screen protectors and a sleek white microfiber pouch that fits the phone

All told I'm very satisfied with Ghost Armor and would highly recommend them

That doesn't look too bad at all. I actually think mine looks a lot better though. I bought a Zagg invisible shield with the front and back protectors. Interestingly the back protector basically converted the top glossy half to the same exact color as the bottom. So now the back has one uniformed matted color with absolutely no variation, only the kickstand stands out. Looks like it came that way. I will try to upload a pic when I get home.

yocubed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's the updated pics with the full install, now the back looks nearly uniform in color. Again I'd highly recommend Ghost Armor even though they are a little on the pricey side. Still well worth it in my opinion, and a much safer option when compared to sanding it. I can always peel it off and return it completely to stock in about a minutes time.
I was completely happy with my EVO how it was in the initial pics and this makes it look even better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11