Little Red Light

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a little red light at the top of screen (under the glass) to the left of the HTC logo that is on during phone calls?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I read that somewhere else. Apparently it's supposed to be red while talking on the phone. I don't know what the reasoning is for it. Maybe to remind you that you're talking to someone?

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah someone else mentioned that their sensor had a red glow to it. Mine does not and I'm sure it's not intended to light up. I'd take it back and see if it can be fixed or replaced. Out of curiosity does your proximity sensor work correctly?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine glows red too, only while on calls. I'm not worried. It's been that way since day one.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I was wondering if I was the only one seeing this. I wasn't too worried, I was just wondering if I was the only one. Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Chandhan Av

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
its due to viber.. call.. when it got crash this red light will be on.. either restart the phone and make viber call and end. it may go.. or else.. uninstall viber and install... this make the red light go... i tryed and its working... :) enjoy...!!!!

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
its the proxy sensor its its what turns your screen off when your on a call or when it is dark and the screen needs to be brighter

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No, there is a seperate sensor for light, the proximity sensor tells the phone how close it is to something. As for a red light, maybe it works on infrared wavelength somehow for proximity. Could also be a replacement part or substitute during manufacturing, which could explain some seeing it and others not seeing it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
its due to viber.. call.. when it got crash this red light will be on.. either restart the phone and make viber call and end. it may go.. or else.. uninstall viber and install... this make the red light go... i tryed and its working... :) enjoy...!!!!

I'm going to have to agree with Chandhan. I use Viber. I closed the app and the red light went away shortly after.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If you guys notice from this chart below, the red visible light is right next to infrared, which is what the phone uses for proximity sensing. The leds used in the phone are most likely high powered infrared leds, which means they may leak a bit of red from the visible light spectrum. It's nothing to worry about, all it means is your proximity sensor is well..sensitive.

electro-magnetic-spectrum.jpg

It could also be this "Viber" app everyone is talking about. It might output more power to the LED. Again, nothing to worry about.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Lol Omg I was on speaker and saw the red dot I thought a pixel was out or a problem with the screen. Thank god its ok

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It means your finally at the red light district. Be prepared to shell out lots of $$$$ and double wrap for your protection. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton