Extremely easy to play videos and photos to your tv!!!

duckdive117

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a new Samsung LED tv this weekend and today I stumbled on something that I thought was really cool and works very well. My tv is connected to my router through a either net cable and my phone is on wifi.

Got to the photo gallery and select album.
Select more at the bottom right corner.
Select player and select your tv if its there and then play your videos or play a slide show of your photos!

Works great but dont know what devices it will work with or if this is already very well known and im just behind!

There is some photos and a short video of it playing on the tv after I selected the tv as the media player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaZZlkd_Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

duckdive117

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This seems to work even better because it looks like with the media link you have to switch the inputs on the tv but this way it automatically changes to the phone media and when you stop it on the phone it changes back to what you were watching previously!:D

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing you are all using the NFC technology. You should be able to share photos, videos, and music to any other NFC capable device on the same widow network (for example, PC, phone, and TVs are all nfc capable and share same wifi, then data stored on pc or phone can be shared to the other devices. I don't believe streaming music or video can ne shared though......or at least I haven't figured it out.)

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome feature I have a WD Media Player and it worked like a charm! It even plays video!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jmbman65

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I kinda knew this was possible a couple weeks ago (but did not know I knew it). Was watching TV one night and 13 year old was in another room with his phone. He started sending pictures to the TV interrupting my movie (could hear him giggling in the other room each time he did it). I just told him to knock it off or he would be knocked off. Did not think of it again until this post. Guess now I will have to ask him to really show me how he was doing that.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Google TV boxes (one Sony Blu Ray and other Logitech Revue).. will it be able to send it to them too ? Will have to check it out tonight..

Why on earth HTC / sprint / Google not use this kind of stuff for marketing ??? While apple things maps navigation is an innovation... !!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth HTC / sprint / Google not use this kind of stuff for marketing ??? While apple things maps navigation is an innovation... !!

If they would have used this feature in marketing the phone , they HTC could't sell you their $90 HTC Media Link device. I swear these companies just think we are dumb. :-\

BurntFig

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing you are all using the NFC technology. You should be able to share photos, videos, and music to any other NFC capable device on the same widow network (for example, PC, phone, and TVs are all nfc capable and share same wifi, then data stored on pc or phone can be shared to the other devices. I don't believe streaming music or video can ne shared though......or at least I haven't figured it out.)

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

It doesn't use NFC it uses DLNA which has been around for years (I'm not aware of any TVs currently on the market that have NFC built in). It's the same technology that allows you to share pictures and videos between say your PC and your PS3 or your PC and your set-top box.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Google TV boxes (one Sony Blu Ray and other Logitech Revue).. will it be able to send it to them too ? Will have to check it out tonight..

It's not their technology nor is it relatively unique so it doesn't behoove them to advertise it.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It tells you all this in the user manual. It's just DNLA. My TV doesn't have DNLA so I bought the HD Media Link. I already had an MHL adapter I use with my EVO View but it's nicer to not have a 12 foot HDMI cable going across the room.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This is wonderful, through my Sony bd player I listened to all my music, viewed pictures today.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463