Extremely easy to play videos and photos to your tv!!!

Jparrott20

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I got a new Samsung LED tv this weekend and today I stumbled on something that I thought was really cool and works very well. My tv is connected to my router through a either net cable and my phone is on wifi.

Got to the photo gallery and select album.
Select more at the bottom right corner.
Select player and select your tv if its there and then play your videos or play a slide show of your photos!

Works great but dont know what devices it will work with or if this is already very well known and im just behind!

There is some photos and a short video of it playing on the tv after I selected the tv as the media player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaZZlkd_Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey thanks for the heads up it works awesome with Sony google tv... My wife come home late tonight from the army haven't seen her in three weeks so me and our daughter's recorded a quick video that I can play for her on the tv as soon as she gets home....

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried it with my Sony Network Media Server and it worked! It's a neat little box, similar to Apple TV or Roku, that connects to your WiFi network and streams just about anything from your PC or the internet, it has the PS3 like UI. For those thinking about buying the HTC Media Link, the Sony Network Server is only $50 and does full 1080p like the HTC plus a heck of a lot more stuff, including native Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, Amazon video and music and a bunch of other "smart apps".

The only think it wont do is the multi-tasking that the HTC Media Link HD allows, now that is awesome! I might pick it up just for that.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. Can I use my PS3 to view videos/photos from my One X on my Samsung LCD?

Sent from my International HTC One X.

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
HTC adapter works amazing go pick one up at Sprint. Videos play flawlessly and so does HD YouTube videos.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC adapter works amazing go pick one up at Sprint. Videos play flawlessly and so does HD YouTube videos.

I had a lot of stuttering on my videos.. Used this method,a nd much better.. Returned the MediaLink..

alexwick

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe.... The TV see them, and but doesn't seem to be able to play them.... It's a Panasonic.... Pretty new one too...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe.... The TV see them, and but doesn't seem to be able to play them.... It's a Panasonic.... Pretty new one too...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

In settings you have to enable NFC for them to work. At least I had to check it for them to transfer onto my Mitsubishi 73"

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand. Can I use my PS3 to view videos/photos from my One X on my Samsung LCD?

Yes you can.
In your Apps section there is an app called Media Share.
This is all assuming you have your PS3 and your One X / EVO LTE connected to the same WiFi network at home.
Once they are all connected, go to your PS3 and .... crap. drawing a blank how i set mine up. Im at work and my PS3 is at home..

If no body chimes in by the time i get home ill finish this up.
But to start off, the PS3 and PHone have to be on the same wifi / home network. (the PS3 can be plugged into the router via cat 5 cable OR on Wifi to work) just as long as its the same network.

THen use the Media Share app and it should find the PS3 as a media sharing device.
From there you use the PS3 to brows the available content on your phone

Reactions: kkapoorr and Kamin

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't use NFC it uses DLNA which has been around for years (I'm not aware of any TVs currently on the market that have NFC built in). It's the same technology that allows you to share pictures and videos between say your PC and your PS3 or your PC and your set-top box.

Yeah.....that's what I meant. And yes, its been around for a while. My tbolt is capable of it and its over a year old.....but as someone else mentioned, they don't really advertise it because they couldn't sell you all of the accessories (USB to HDMI cords, docks, etc, etc). Plus, a lot of fairly current TV's still don't have the ability. The newer, internet ready ones do......but that's about it. I think most PC's do though (for at least the past 2 years or so).

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can.
This is all assuming you have your PS3 and your One X / EVO LTE connected to the same WiFi network at home.
Once they are all connected, go to your PS3 and .... crap. drawing a blank how i set mine up. Im at work and my PS3 is at home..

But to start off, the PS3 and PHone have to be on the same wifi / home network. (the PS3 can be plugged into the router via cat 5 cable OR on Wifi to work) just as long as its the same network.

THen use the Media Share app and it should find the PS3 as a media sharing device.

And I believe sometimes (with certain devices) you may have to all ow some permissions to set it all up. I know my phone will find my pc, but I haven't played around to figure out how to actually read content from my pc on my phone. I get some error and I think its because I have to tell my of to allow my phone to do this somewhere.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

teamzippy

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a dlna equipped lg blue ray player, and fired up the media share on my evo, set my video folder as a shared folder, and streamed a downloaded movie to the TV through the bd player, perfectly smooth, it like magic.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can.

My problem: No media share app.
See:
View attachment 27972

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma