Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
References? Links? Any data to back up your statement?

EDIT: LOL I think crx and I hit submit at almost the same time...

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how many stores have you inspected, of what name, and in what different regions of the country?

I called a few stores in the Baltimore/DC area out if curiosity. Was told at each store that there is plenty in stock. But don't take my word for it. Call your local Sprint and Best Buy stores. The LTE is not even being aggressively marketed.
How many Evo LTE ads did you see on TV today?
Is Sprint saving its ad money for a massive Samsung SIII media blitz.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I called a few stores in the Baltimore/DC area out if curiosity. Was told at each store that there is plenty in stock. But don't take my word for it. Call your local Sprint and Best Buy stores. The LTE is not even being aggressively marketed.

Sprint pissed a lot of evo users off with the whole premier customer bs. They said "hey you can upgrade next year!" Then when it came that time and they dropped the 3d they changed the terms. No 3d!

Then the new one won't even let you change the battery.

Foolishness.

No good reason to get rid of that feature

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint pissed a lot of evo users off with the whole premier customer bs. They said "hey you can upgrade next year!" Then when it came that time and they dropped the 3d they changed the terms.

Well, had you gotten the Evo 3D near release time and were a gold premier customer, you would be eligible for one more upgrade anytime in 2012... which is what I just used to get the Evo LTE.

I am not *happy* that the Premier plan is going away, but there was plenty of notice, it could be worse. Nobody was mislead or lied to.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Why I should stress or care if it's not selling I don't own stock in sprint or HTC

Should I care if the G3 ends up selling better... This guy calls a couple of stores and they have them stock wow
Yup shut down HTC its over

WTF is this thread for???

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
There certainly aren't any around here... I had to call every store that sells sprint phones (every bestbuy, radio shack, sprint store, etc) to see if they had one I could come into the store and see. Not only did no one have a display model, but no one had any stock of any. Bestbuy told me that they had about 140 in their online inventory the day before, and they checked for me and there were 4 left. She ordered one for me and I got it about a week ago.

I don't know how much things have changed since then, but I'd be willing to bet that the stores around here still aren't carrying them. I'm kind of jealous that they're so easy to find for you...I'd like to compare mine to another to see why my screen is yellow-ish, but that's physically impossible without flat out returning it and ordering a brand new one and waiting for it to get shipped.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Why I should stress or care if it's not selling I don't own stock in sprint or HTC

Should I care if the G3 ends up selling better... This guy calls a couple of stores and they have them stock wow
Yup shut down HTC its over

WTF is this thread for???

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
2h4mg4z.jpg

Exactly!

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sprint pissed a lot of evo users off with the whole premier customer bs. They said "hey you can upgrade next year!" Then when it came that time and they dropped the 3d they changed the terms. No 3d!

Then the new one won't even let you change the battery.

Foolishness.

No good reason to get rid of that feature

Ahh you're mad at Sprint and do not like the new EVO so the sky MUST be falling..... bummer.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

What does "plenty of stock" mean, though?

When I walk into my local Best Buy, there are God knows how many phones to choose from on display with the different carriers. So, if they sell, say, two EVO LTE's a week on average and get two shipped to them every week on a schedule, then having three on the shelf is "plenty of stock."

But I am not sure what the point of your post is. I am thoroughly enjoying my EVO LTE. If it isn't selling, that means what? Race riots? Food shortages? Massive earthquakes around the globe? A thermonuclear detonation over a major American city?

Certainly you have some grave concern that X will happen because the EVO LTE isn't selling some number that allows you to sleep at night.

What, exactly, is that grave concern?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I called a few stores in the Baltimore/DC area out if curiosity. Was told at each store that there is plenty in stock.
Maybe Sprint/HTC learned their lesson from the first Evo, where they didn't have enough in stock and people had to wait for weeks or longer to get one in their hands, so now they've ordered plenty of stock, so that when a customer calls to see if they could buy one, they can confidently say, "Yes, we have plenty in stock"?

Nreeldeep said:
The LTE is not even being aggressively marketed.
I was going to agree that it seems like they haven't been heavily marketing it... but then I realized that I don't really watch TV with commercials all that much--most of the time, I'm either watching premium cable, or watch them on my DVR, where I can fast forward through the commercials. So I can't really tell if Sprint is trying to market it heavily or not.

I can tell you this, however. I decided to watch tonight's SNL rerun, and they aired the Evo LTE spot during this broadcast. They also aired it during game 2 of the NBA finals.

I'm not a big fan of the TV spot they have. It doesn't entice me into wanting to buy the phone.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Several weeks after launch you can find most Apple phone in the stores too. So your opinion is that it would make more sense for HTC not to have a supply to meet demand?

Last edited:
Reactions: thoughthalo

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Most likely people will be trading S3 once they have chance to use them and notice their typical lag response. It's known fact Sammy's are slower with touch wiz.... Just sayin.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, had you gotten the Evo 3D near release time and were a gold premier customer, you would be eligible for one more upgrade anytime in 2012... which is what I just used to get the Evo LTE.

I am not *happy* that the Premier plan is going away, but there was plenty of notice, it could be worse. Nobody was mislead or lied to.

No that's the thing, I got the evo, told it would be upgradeable next year, then a month before the upgrade, they changed the criteria and before the 3d came out, I was no longer eligible for the 1 year upgrade because they bumped me down to silver status.

There was notice, but they did it just before the 3d was available for sale and hence the upgrade was lost.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ahh you're mad at Sprint and do not like the new EVO so the sky MUST be falling..... bummer.

Actually I DO love and wanted the new evo but I'm a power user and I highly doubt the battery would last all day.

It was just stupid to remove the feature.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually I DO love and wanted the new evo but I'm a power user and I highly doubt the battery would last all day.

It was just stupid to remove the feature.

Well get used to it because all the newer phones are going this route.... Just sayin :D

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am a power user and find that it lasts me 8 to 10 hours and just in case I carry an external charger so I never seem to have a problem.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos