Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'm one of the 'few' that really likes the look and pretty much everything else about this phone. :)

I also like the look, but that was not my main reason for the purchase I bought for its technology and speed...:):beer:;):D:p:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I, for one, am excited to have a phone that doesn't look low rent and that doesn't look like every other black (or pearly cream white, whatever) plastic slab that's out there now. On the flip side, I do want HTC to do well enough because I want them to stay relevant. After trying almost every Android manufacturer out there, overall, they are by far my favorite.

Reactions: bigrey81

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You are probably right. "The masses" don't even understand the basics of any specifications. I do think it is funny that the original EVO would was so hot, and that phone is ugly compared to the Evo LTE, with its cool silver bezel and red stripe. Oh well.
Or how about most all who purchase any phone immediately have it in a case regardless. I was chuckling right along with Phil N. when the critiquing began to it's design as if suddenly no one uses cases anymore. I'd bet most all who really took issue with it's physical looks never had intentions of purchasing it in the first place since obviously it's covered up in a case.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Truly I'm happy thats all they have to criticize is the looks which are pretty cool to me...:p

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Or how about most all who purchase any phone immediately have it in a case regardless. I was chuckling right along with Phil N. when the critiquing began to it's design as if suddenly no one uses cases anymore. I'd bet most all who really took issue with it's physical looks never had intentions of purchasing it in the first place since obviously it's covered up in a case.

That's kind of a cop out arguement though. Since everyone is putting their phones in cases, I guess they shouldn't worry about the design of any of them? Not trying to start up this atguement again, but saying "well, you're going to put it in a ccase anyway" isn't really a valid response to the massive dislike of the design.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's kind of a cop out arguement though. Since everyone is putting their phones in cases, I guess they shouldn't worry about the design of any of them? Not trying to start up this atguement again, but saying "well, you're going to put it in a ccase anyway" isn't really a valid response to the massive dislike of the design.

Your starting to sound defensive now, if your like most people who use a case to protect your phone. Then it's only logical that exterior looks are minimal issue at best.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If I actually cared about what the masses thought about my phone, I would have an iPhone. Truth is, I don't care. I smile to myself knowing that my phone bests everyone elses, and they don't realize it.

On the flip side, I get a kick out of the stares I get when I use my kickstand... When I have the opportunity to show it off, people are wowed. I have not managed to leave anyone unimpressed so far...

One more thing... If people think that the Evo LTE is ugly, wait till they get a look at the GS III !!!

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Your starting to sound defensive now, if your like most people who use a case to protect your phone. Then it's only logical that exterior looks are minimal issue at best.

Not defensive at all. The exterior looks are obviously a minimal issue to me, I already stated that, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "you're going to cover it with a case anyway" is a strawman arguement. You aren't argueing that the design is actually good. It actually strengthens the poor design position.

I really didn't want to start this one up again. Just pointing out the fact that the design has been beat up by pretty much every tech site and most that have seen it that aren't biased, and that the case arguement is a cop out. I bought the phone because I like the specs. The masses look at it and think "ugh"

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about my new Evo. it's sad to see that customers are taking these products at face value. so much hard work goes into the engineering, functionality and design of these devices.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

No cop out here, this is exactly what was repeatedly pointed out when the phone was first reviewed/unveiled. Seriously if this is the primary concern? Well honestly considering where this thread started I'm certainly not surprised where it has gone.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not defensive at all. The exterior looks are obviously a minimal issue to me, I already stated that, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "you're going to cover it with a case anyway" is a strawman arguement. You aren't argueing that the design is actually good. It actually strengthens the poor design position.

I really didn't want to start this one up again. Just pointing out the fact that the design has been beat up by pretty much every tech site and most that have seen it that aren't biased, and that the case arguement is a cop out. I bought the phone because I like the specs. The masses look at it and think "ugh"

Where do get the tech design is anything
Other than Brillant. The kick stand design is unique in the design as its the metal exterior to show strength and form. Capacitive camera button is also a clever design feature and the sealed interior to keep moisture from being a factor is very welcome being that so many android end up with that as an issue. So you have Brilliant, strength, form, durability so started up into android why anyone not be attracted to such a fine design.;):thumbup:

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No cop out here, this is exactly what was repeatedly pointed out when the phone was first reviewed/unveiled. Seriously if this is the primary concern? Well honestly considering where this thread started I'm certainly not surprised where it has gone.

Regardless of where the thread has gone, it all still begs the question:

"So what if it is languishing on store shelves?"

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about the phone except forbthe design. And maybe the battery situation. But the design was definitely not well received in the tech community. I can live with it, and will probably sandblast the shiney plastic, or cover it with carbon fiber.

If you are having battery issues, check your Advanced WiFi settings and turn off Best WiFi Performance. There was a thread about it and no one has figured out what it does except drain the battery. I was getting about 13 hours with it on and medium / heavy use, since I turned it off I have been getting 22 - 24 hours. Today its been a mix of 3G, voice calls, 20+ text msgs, FB & Twitter, some app use, web browsing for ~3 hours, an hour on YouTube, an hour on Sprint TV and Bluetooth paired to the car for an hour. The phone has been on for 17hr 54min hours with 33% left.

I have been truly impressed with the battery life on this phone as I thought it was going to be a problem with the non-removable battery.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you can provide the link to the comprehensive survey of "the masses" with regard to the EVO LTE.

Read any tech sites and people's comments on the aesthetics. Its painfully obvious what the masses think of the design. Its not even worth argueing over.

I've repeatedly said its not my primary concern. Stop trying to play it off otherwise. It is a strawman arguement plain and simple. No denying that.

Where do get the tech design is anything
Other than Brillant. The kick stand design is unique in the design as its the metal exterior to show strength and form. Capacitive camera button is also a clever design feature and the sealed interior to keep moisture from being a factor is very welcome being that so many android end up with that as an issue. So you have Brilliant, strength, form, durability so started up into android why anyone not be attracted to such a fine design.;):thumbup:

Let me clarify, the aesthetic design. As I said, I live everything else about this phone, but there is no denying the general consensus when it comes to the aesthetics of this phone is dislike bordering on disgust. As stated earlier, just read the comments on any tech site article about the phone.

If you are having battery issues, check your Advanced WiFi settings and turn off Best WiFi Performance. There was a thread about it and no one has figured out what it does except drain the battery. I was getting about 13 hours with it on and medium / heavy use, since I turned it off I have been getting 22 - 24 hours. Today its been a mix of 3G, voice calls, 20+ text msgs, FB & Twitter, some app use, web browsing for ~3 hours, an hour on YouTube, an hour on Sprint TV and Bluetooth paired to the car for an hour. The phone has been on for 17hr 54min hours with 33% left.

I have been truly impressed with the battery life on this phone as I thought it was going to be a problem with the non-removable battery.

Another clarification, I am not having battery life issues. I meant an issue with the battery being non-removable. Although I have no idea at all how people are getting battery life like you, I am okay with what I am getting. How many hours do you have the screen on?

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Read any tech sites and people's comments on the aesthetics. Its painfully obvious what the masses think of the design. Its not even worth argueing over.

In other words, you don't have any legitimate citation to back up your claim that "the masses" don't like the design. Instead, we are just supposed to trust your confirmation bias because of comments on some tech sites.

Well, then here's an easier request: please provide a citation that "the masses" regularly read and comment on tech sites.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
In other words, you don't have any legitimate citation to back up your claim that "the masses" don't like the design. Instead, we are just supposed to trust your confirmation bias because of comments on some tech sites.

Well, then here's an easier request: please provide a citation that "the masses" regularly read and comment on tech sites.

No, in other words, I've done the reading, its not my place to educate you. If you didn't read the reviews and comments on any and all tech sites, you can just keep claiming ignorance I guess. Just keep the blinders on, lol.

"The masses" are a lot more diverse and and there is a much larger sampling size on tech sites then on the EVO LTE message boards, lol.

I'm done, I really don't care, I didn't even want to get into this to begin with, just point out the strawman arguement of "you're going to put a case on it anyway" is just that. If that's the best argument people can come up with in defense of the aesthetics of this phone, that says a lot.

I love them phone, and will figure something out to get rid of the horrible piano black back cover.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
No, in other words, I've done the reading, its not my place to educate you. If you didn't read the reviews and comments on any and all tech sites, you can just keep claiming ignorance I guess. Just keep the blinders on, lol.

"The masses" are a lot more diverse and and there is a much larger sampling size on tech sites then on the EVO LTE message boards, lol.

I'm done, I really don't care, I didn't even want to get into this to begin with, just point out the strawman arguement of "you're going to put a case on it anyway" is just that. If that's the best argument people can come up with in defense of the aesthetics of this phone, that says a lot.

I love them phone, and will figure something out to get rid of the horrible piano black back cover.

Ok, so what battery issues are you having then?

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint/HTC should put out a report telling people how many ELTEs they've sold. I'm curious. I'll be picking mine up next month.

Sent from my PG86100.

Reactions: crzycrkr