Screen cracked while texting!!

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I was texting Friday night and I noticed a hairline crack up and down the whole phone. This phone has not been dropped or anything along those lines. How the hell does something like this happen?

Knowing Sprint, they'll still make me pay the bull$hit $100 deductible to replace it. Calling now, we'll see how that goes.

Unreal.

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Really? I doubt it could have cracked from texting. I've had my screen crack on me because of cold weather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint replaced the screen on my 3d for free a few weeks ago.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk. :-(

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was texting Friday night and I noticed a hairline crack up and down the whole phone. This phone has not been dropped or anything along those lines. How the hell does something like this happen?

"Texting" didn't cause it.

If you didn't drop it, you could have crushed it at some point. Or something could have dropped on it. It could also be a latent defect that showed up later for no apparent reason; although that is really rare.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
"Texting" didn't cause it.

If you didn't drop it, you could have crushed it at some point. Or something could have dropped on it. It could also be a latent defect that showed up later for no apparent reason; although that is really rare.

Exactly! These types of threads are getting old.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't u have 30 days with Sprint to replace the phone free? No way u got it before May 20th. I've taken mine back twice for smaller reasons than that at best buy. If u have to pay $150 with sprint I will have to remind myself to never buy from them.

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I have tried a hundred different times with Sprint, HTC and the insurance company, but none of them cover the screen. Sprint is no longer 30 day return policy, it's only 14 days. The Sprint Store didn't want to help me, Sprint Customer Service didn't want to help me nor did HTC.

Obviously I understand where they are coming phone. I could be calling them giving them some bull line that "The phone was never dropped," but for all they know I dropped it from a second story apartment. Makes sense, just sucks it happened to me! Looks like I'm shelling out the $100 deductible for a new one.

Getting an Otter Box and Screen protector this time around.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for your bad experience with screen, I always get a case for my phone just because I know I could possibly drop it by accident. Really it's your only guard against that 100.00 deductible... Good decision get a case asap

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for your bad experience with screen, I always get a case for my phone just because I know I could possibly drop it by accident. Really it's your only guard against that 100.00 deductible... Good decision get a case asap

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Already purchased for when I get my replacement :)

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Don't u have 30 days with Sprint to replace the phone free? No way u got it before May 20th. I've taken mine back twice for smaller reasons than that at best buy. If u have to pay $150 with sprint I will have to remind myself to never buy from them.

Physical damage is not covered under that 14 day return window. And honestly...why should it be?

groundshock

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
This exact thing just happened to me today.

Body Glove case, screen protector and all. Taking a picture of the fish my son caught and *clack* screen cracked clean down the middle of the phone.

Phone has never been dropped, sat on, etc... People at the Sprint store were useless.

This is already the second one I've been through in 3 weeks. Kickstand broke on the first one, now this. Combined with the terrible reception and the general 'bugginess' of it, I'm starting to wonder if I should've stuck with my OGEVO and saved the cash.

Guess it's too late now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
This exact thing just happened to me today.

Body Glove case, screen protector and all. Taking a picture of the fish my son caught and *clack* screen cracked clean down the middle of the phone.

Phone has never been dropped, sat on, etc... People at the Sprint store were useless.

This is already the second one I've been through in 3 weeks. Kickstand broke on the first one, now this. Combined with the terrible reception and the general 'bugginess' of it, I'm starting to wonder if I should've stuck with my OGEVO and saved the cash.

Guess it's too late now. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's no way you merely touched the screen and it cracked.... Of course the guys at the store were "useless".... You brought them a cracked phone with a story that is highly unlikely. You people are hilarious

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci