Anyone else having trouble with Screen Shotit on lte?

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Resolved

Screenshot It worked flawlessly on my 4g, but since upgrading to the lte, I find it hard to use without a dedicated search button. Even when I can manage a capture, most of the time it doesn't save it. Anyone else? Any workarounds?

Last edited:

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding me? Have you also seen the "Gallery" that the EVO 4G LTE has? There is a folder called "Screen Shots" When you enter it...Ya know what...

Here...

View attachment 28009

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just use the built in screen shot? Press power and home.

I've seen people say this recently, but before I had always just known of power+volume down being screenshot, and that's what I've been doing on my Evo and it works just fine. I can't get power+home to do anything. Are they both supposed to work interchangeably?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've seen it posted that power+home saves to screenshots where power+volume saves to photo camera shots. Thats how it works on mine.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've seen it posted that power+home saves to screenshots where power+volume saves to photo camera shots. Thats how it works on mine.

Power+volume down definitely saves to a separate "screenshots" folder. Power+home I FINALLY got to work (it seems like it'll only work in certain places on my phone) and it saved to the camera roll, not the screenshots folder.

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Opposite for me...I'm running stock and am unrooted.

Power + Home saves to my Camera Shots folder, while Power + Volume Down saves to the screenshot folder. The second method also creates a notification in the notification bar saying "Screenshot captured. Touch to view your screenshot."

Link below also agrees with my experience.
Pocketables ? How to take screenshots on your unrooted HTC EVO 4G LTE

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It seems that no one gets it that the built in screen shot and gallery doesn't offer the options that Screenshot it has. Anyway thanks for all the suggestions. As it turns out the answer was in Screenshot It setup. There is an option to take a screen shot by just shaking the phone. It works perfectly.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Geez, you guys... Not everyone can be Android nerds like us; cut the guy some slack!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Thanks Uncle Louie. I was just asking for help getting a specific app to work, not dissing the lte. I thought that sharing knowledge and giving help was what forums are about.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance