Issue with sd card-mp3's and videos not recognized

yavwill

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
HI, I have an issue that hopefully someone can help me with. My Evo 4G LTE is not showing the files on my memory card. The card was originally in my blackberry and I upgraded to the Evo and put the card in it directly without changing anything with the files on it. I knew that could cause problems because it has blackberry apps/folders on it. things weren't recognized properly so I backed up the files to my laptop, formatted the card, then dragged/dropped only the android folders. along with the mp3's and videos. Yet I have the same problem. When I go to music it shows only like 10 mp3's but, I have hundreds on it. the videos do show up which is cool. Another strange thing is I also have the astro file manager app, and when I open it, it shows NO files on the sd card at all.

I've tried everything I can think of-rebooting the phone, taking the sd card out and putting it back in (after unmounting the card from the phone in settings, and having the phone turned off of course), downloading htc sync, wiping the memory card again, and syncing the files back onto the phone (first with media sync checked as a connection type, then with htc sync manager checked) and none of that has worked. It's crazy, it sure would be nice if anyone has had a similar problem and figured out what was going on. I'm thinking about rooting the Evo with Viper Elite, would rooting it help the issue? Thanks for reading.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
HI, I have an issue that hopefully someone can help me with. My Evo 4G LTE is not showing the files on my memory card. The card was originally in my blackberry and I upgraded to the Evo and put the card in it directly without changing anything with the files on it. I knew that could cause problems because it has blackberry apps/folders on it. things weren't recognized properly so I backed up the files to my laptop, formatted the card, then dragged/dropped only the android folders. along with the mp3's and videos. Yet I have the same problem. When I go to music it shows only like 10 mp3's but, I have hundreds on it. the videos do show up which is cool. Another strange thing is I also have the astro file manager app, and when I open it, it shows NO files on the sd card at all.

I've tried everything I can think of-rebooting the phone, taking the sd card out and putting it back in (after unmounting the card from the phone in settings, and having the phone turned off of course), downloading htc sync, wiping the memory card again, and syncing the files back onto the phone (first with media sync checked as a connection type, then with htc sync manager checked) and none of that has worked. It's crazy, it sure would be nice if anyone has had a similar problem and figured out what was going on. I'm thinking about rooting the Evo with Viper Elite, would rooting it help the issue? Thanks for reading.
try another sd card get a lil 2gb and put music only on it and see if evo recognize it if it does then you know its not the phone

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Similar situation with SD card ported over from Epic4G. File in Music folder originally showed up in Google Play Music. But after dragging/dropping more files to Music folder it causes ONLY the new files to appear in Google Play Music and none of the old ones are there. The behavior is repeatable. I have to go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Music -> Clear Data in order to get all the music to appear, and when I do that all the Play Lists are deleted. :(

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You might be SOL if your computer doesn't recognize the card from your phone . You may have to move it all to a new memory card after you first format the new card on the phone. Using usb transfer the pictures, music,video files to card from the computer then move back to phone.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with Google Play Music (this is not the default HTC Music app). What app are you using that is not seeing the music files? If it's Google Play Music, then this is what I did to fix the issue (this is a solution I found in another thread, so I'm not trying to take credit for the fix). Go to settings>Apps>All>Google Play Music. Hit the Force Stop button, then hit Clear Data button. Relaunch Google Play Music app and all music files should show up. If you are having this issue with the HTC music app then you can try to perform the same process for the Music app (it's on the same list just further down). Not sure if it will work on anything other than Google Play Music but it's worth a shot.

yavwill

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thx for all the replies. Apparently my htc is magic...cuz all of a sudden all the music files showed up. I had noticed when opening HTC Car, it recognized the songs even with the issues. So I played a few here and there and at first it didn't help anything. But then after the second or third time playing music through Car everything showed up in Music. So I'm just happy its working now, don't understand it but its all good now.

Just fyi, Google Play Music and Music had the same issue, and I had Astro File Manager that didn't recognize anything-music or videos or anything on the SD card so I uninstalled it. And also, my laptop recognized my card when I plugged the Evo into it, when it went to the connection type screen, I tried Disk Drive, HTC Sync Manager, and Media sync, and nothing helped. Thanks again.

Peeler

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing a similar issue tonight with my SD card. I downloaded some music onto my phone over wifi, but my computer can't find the music once its connected. I'm trying to copy the downloaded music files that I downloaded on my Evo, and put them on my iPod. I even tried using a different SD card. I'm still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thx for all the replies. Apparently my htc is magic...cuz all of a sudden all the music files showed up. I had noticed when opening HTC Car, it recognized the songs even with the issues. So I played a few here and there and at first it didn't help anything. But then after the second or third time playing music through Car everything showed up in Music. So I'm just happy its working now, don't understand it but its all good now.

Just fyi, Google Play Music and Music had the same issue, and I had Astro File Manager that didn't recognize anything-music or videos or anything on the SD card so I uninstalled it. And also, my laptop recognized my card when I plugged the Evo into it, when it went to the connection type screen, I tried Disk Drive, HTC Sync Manager, and Media sync, and nothing helped. Thanks again.

I had same situation first setting up the Evo 4G LTE it didn't recognize my music,I reformatted the ad card after I did a back up on lap top. Moved everything back to sd on phone works fine now.I got an update today from play market for astro explorer note it shows sd card as ext_sd folder.

yavwill

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I had same situation first setting up the Evo 4G LTE it didn't recognize my music,I reformatted the ad card after I did a back up on lap top. Moved everything back to sd on phone works fine now.I got an update today from play market for astro explorer note it shows sd card as ext_sd folder.

Ah ok thx for the info

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues computer recognizes card and even let's me copy music onto there but after I disconnect there's no music on the card never had a problem until after I rooted my phone the other day starting to regret it :'(

Edit: I even switched memory cards which has music on it and it won't show up on my phone

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech