Music App

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
What is one of the top music apps to download? If it means the differenc ein quality i am willing to pay. Thank you

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on if you want to stream or if you're referring to your own music. I like Google Play for streaming my own library, although Winamp has a nice app as well and if you're familiar with their PC version you can sync between the two.

Spotify and Pandora are the two biggies for simple streaming. My wife uses Pandora and really likes it. I have a few friends who love Spotify, but I don't really use either.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've used Winamp for a long time. The WiFi sync feature doesn't work especially great, though. Maybe it's just because I'm excessively nitpicky about the track information and album art all being correct. I tried the sync the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack to my phone, and because it contains a few different artists, the arrangement got all messed up.

I've recently started using the stock music player, though, and it's pretty decent.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Music for streaming assuming you already have all your songs uploaded.

PowerAmp hands down for locally stored music.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend Apollo, I think it's kind of the beta interface for CM9. It's not in the market yet but you can find the apk with a quick search. Great interface and features.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It would not be for streaming music unless you can specifically pick songs and artists in real time. I currently have the Sirius app. It would be more to download songs that I can play whenever. Unless there is an app for both. Thanks

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It would not be for streaming music unless you can specifically pick songs and artists in real time. I currently have the Sirius app. It would be more to download songs that I can play whenever. Unless there is an app for both. Thanks
Google Music can play local files as well as albums that you own that you uploaded to the cloud.

For stuff that you don't own Spotify works pretty dang well and you can pin songs for offline play. It costs ten dollars a month for the mobile features though.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I really like the new HTC Music app. It has integrated Tunein Radio and Sound Hound that will pull lyrics for your songs as they are playing. I can also select my DLNA TV as an output device when connected to WiFi at home. This plays through my home theater sound system and has coverage all through the house vs bluetooth that cuts out when you move 15ft away! My biggest pet peeve with all these players is that you cannot back up your playlists! The only app I have seen that allows for playlist backup is Power Amp. This music player is hands down the nicest I have used. You can customize so many settings and get the sound just how you like it. Very nice and well worth the $5 price.

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. I notice a lot of apps have the cloud service. However some areas I am in it is difficult to listen to them on the cloud. If I download songs directly to my Evo 4G lte how many songs can it comfortably hold without getting too close to the max? I know the answer is an average. Thanks

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. I notice a lot of apps have the cloud service. However some areas I am in it is difficult to listen to them on the cloud. If I download songs directly to my Evo 4G lte how many songs can it comfortably hold without getting too close to the max? I know the answer is an average. Thanks

With google music you can locally store any songs you have in the cloud. As for how many I'd have to look it up one second

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I really like the new HTC Music app. It has integrated Tunein Radio and Sound Hound that will pull lyrics for your songs as they are playing. I can also select my DLNA TV as an output device when connected to WiFi at home. This plays through my home theater sound system and has coverage all through the house vs bluetooth that cuts out when you move 15ft away! My biggest pet peeve with all these players is that you cannot back up your playlists! The only app I have seen that allows for playlist backup is Power Amp. This music player is hands down the nicest I have used. You can customize so many settings and get the sound just how you like it. Very nice and well worth the $5 price.

Why are you paying $5 for the HTC Music app when it came stock with the phone?:confused:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Despite no paragraph breaks, they were saying 5 for PowerAmp.

I like that app too mostly for how controls, search, rewind/ff works compared to others.

HTC's music app might be the least user friendly music app I've ever used

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am currently in a one week trial of Mog. The 320 kb/sec streaming is really impressive and the sound quality is undeniably better than Pandora, for example. Not sure if I will pay $9.99 per month, but thus far I am impressed. Can get Mog from Play or try it online.

Macc52

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Another option for streaming radio is a new app called Raditaz. You can customize your stations with up to five artists and it has over 20 million songs. The other great thing is no ads.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
MOG is $10 per month for Premium version and that allows multiple devices, but not streamed at the same time. One at a time. IMO I see no purpose in uploading my music to Google, when MOG has everything in 320kbps. MOG has significant catalog in remastered versions. Very much better sounding. MOG is not available outside USA.
I like Poweramp. I tried Neutron, but it over samples everything to 32 bit. I am one who finds something irritating about over sampling to 32 bit. I do like OS to 24 bit. That is just me, though, and you should try it yourself.
I have a 32G mSDHC and that holds plenty of music. I guess some have 64G cards. You should have no problem storing music. I think a 32G card could store at least 5000 songs, maybe a lot more.
Like cloakn'd I like and use TuneIn and Soundhounds and MusicMatch. I sometimes get in a lyrics viewing mode.
My gripe is that these phones still don't enable USB Hosting. Until they do we can't get the best sound out of them. It is what it is. Still, it is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech