Monitoring memory

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that will monitor and log memory usage by apps?

Here is my problem: I want to be able to determine how much memory a couple apps are using. One is Dolphin. If I start Dolphin, then go to TaskManager or Settings - Apps - Running, neither show Dolphin running. Sometimes it's been killed by the aggressive garbage collector, but other times it stays running.
I would like an app that will log running apps and log their memory usage every 5 seconds or so (yes, I know, I wouldn't run it for long).

Any ideas?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nothing, huh? Ok let me change the question then. Those of you who say your browser takes 50mb of RAM, how are you determining this? No matter what I do, neither the stock browser or Dolphin show in running apps or task manager.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You mean in settings,apps you can't see how much memory you've used when you look in dolphin browse??

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You mean in settings,apps you can't see how much memory you've used when you look in dolphin browse??

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

I'm speaking of RAM the app is consuming while running. Not storage the app is consuming just by being installed + cached data, etc.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm speaking of RAM the app is consuming while running. Not storage the app is consuming just by being installed + cached data, etc.

go to settings then apps and check under running. Then at the bottom you can touch used or free to toggle between the two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63