Just got a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32GB MicroSD card for my EVO 4G LTE. Popped the SD card into the slot and a little message comes up on the screen stating "Preparing SD Card" followed promptly by "Removed SD Card". The SD Card is still in the slot.

Tried removing and reinserting. Tired powering off inserting the card and powering back on. Nothing works. Anyone else experiencing an issue with this? Know how to fix it?
    06-19-2012 05:18 PM
    Right click card and format first. Create a folder onto card or music pictures, video.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    cwgrock likes this.
    06-19-2012 05:26 PM
    I think the missing step from Mercury81's post is first remove the SD card from the phone. Then put it in a full size adapter and insert it into a standard SD card reader (or insert the micro SD card into a micro SD card reader).

Once it's connected to your PC you should be presented with option for viewing or formatting the card. If you don't see any options for this then you will need to open the Disk Management utility (found on just about every current Windows system by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage). If the SD card is not formatted you should be able to perform that operation form here. If there are already partitions created on the SD card you should be able to see them from this utility as well. Might as well remove everything and create a new fat32 partition and format it. Once that's done, you should be able to access the drive from My Computer. Remove the drive from the computer, then remove your SD card from the card reader and reinstall it in your phone. If the phone correctly identifies the card, then you should be able to connect the phone to your computer and see the option on the phone to connect as Disk Drive. From here, it's the usual drag and drop.
    Mercury81, cwgrock and achacon77 like this.
    06-19-2012 05:48 PM
    Thanks, you guys! I'll try that when I get home from the office.
    06-19-2012 06:07 PM
    Couldn't see the card in Disk Management either. Ordered a new one; SanDisk 32GB, different model. Now my phone sees the card but as read only. Shows up fine in Disk Management and reformated. Stuck.
    07-31-2012 02:10 AM
    Couldn't see the card in Disk Management either. Ordered a new one; SanDisk 32GB, different model. Now my phone sees the card but as read only. Shows up fine in Disk Management and reformated. Stuck.
    Are you sure your seeing the ext _sd card as the phone has a partition and the phone also has a second storage area. I had to find the ext_sd card for mine. which after using astro explorer app and then setting the ext _sd as my main ext storage everything worked fine.

sent from Evo4GLTE on AC forums
    07-31-2012 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD