Battery Saving Techniques

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the smartphone world. I noticed with this phone when the battery gets drained it says the screen takes up 70% of the power. I understand this is due to the screen being so large, but are there settings I can do to the phone to help with the battery life? Thanks

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
First of all, let me say that I think the battery on this phone is phenomenal. Even with the screen using up so much of the battery, the battery should still be getting you through the day with plenty of battery to spare. Having said that, to squeeze even more out of the battery try:

-Using dimmer screen settings instead of auto
-make sure you're not auto uploading your pics to dropbox over 3G. The one day that I've seen my battery indicator anything other then green was when I didn't realize I had been uploading literally hundreds of pictures over 3G. I was using burst mode a lot. The phone must have been literally uploading all day lol.
-Change your sync settings. Things like updating weather every 3hrs instead of every hour or instantly might help conserve battery.
-Don't use GPS or location functions.

There are more obviously, but some of these, like turning off GPS, starts cutting into what makes smartphones so great. If the battery is lasting long enough for you, don't sweat it, use the phone and all it's goodies like it was meant to be used.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
-Using dimmer screen settings instead of auto

What really irks me about "auto" is that there is no adjust WITHIN auto. In "auto", it is ALWAYS too bright indoors, and at night. I like having auto adjustments, but we still need a bias control.

but some of these, like turning off GPS, starts cutting into what makes smartphones so great.

Not to me. I always leave GPS off. I rarely see the need for it. Even with it off, the 3G triangulation is frighteningly accurate, in my experience. The only time I ever turn it on is when I need super-high accuracy; and it turn it off afterwards.