I Found an Easter Egg!!!

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher so I am not sure how others can find this, but hear it goes:

When you select new shortcut in the Nova menu there is an option for activities which is a way to create a shortcut to specific processes and apps that do not have a shortcut. Well I was looking in the System UI processes for the power settings menu when I noticed a process that had an icon at the top of the list.

It is called Nyandroid and it is a little green android dude wearing and ice cream sandwhich shirt facing sideways. When you make an icon of it, and tap it, a screen saver like animation shows a whole bunch of ice cream sandwhich shirt wearing android dudes swimming left-to-right across the screen above a dark blue background with low-res retro pixel stars.

Kinda cool, kinda pointless. Thought you should know. . .

sabbys

Reactions: bc2k
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is not only Sense 4, but ICS as a whole. If you go to the "About Phone" section in the settings and tap the Android version number repeatedly, a nyan-cat style bugdroid will appear, which you can longpress to trigger this animation.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is not only Sense 4, but ICS as a whole. If you go to the "About Phone" section in the settings and tap the Android version number repeatedly, a nyan-cat style bugdroid will appear, which you can longpress to trigger this animation.

Yea but this gives you a shortcut to it you can have on the desktop.

sabbys

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Drat, doesn't work on mine.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't work for me either.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Download QuickShortcutMaker from Play.

Search for Nyandroid in Activities.
Make shortcut. It helps to have an "open" slot on one of the Sense launcher pages.
Go to launcher screen. Press on the new shortcut icon. I named the shortcut "Egg."

Piece of cake.

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont know where you got your information but this is not correct

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.
a6f98132-2e07-4a87.jpg
I dont know where you got your information but this is not correct

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.

No need to be sorry, no one here has stated that this actually has worked on a stock EVO LTE..... although many have tried tapping away. lol

But you're free to try it yourself on a stock EVO LTE.

Last edited:

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.Click to view quoted image

Nope. See above where it doesn't work for many of us. But since it is nothing really worthwhile it is no big deal whether it works or not.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What happened is that it is an Easter egg built into stock ics, but HTC removed the code that starts the animation when you tap the android version. However, the animation itself is built in and can be accessed via a shortcut on your desktop. If you guys ever try an aosp Rom (or stock on another device) you will see it when tapping the model number.