Bicycle mount?

thatevoguy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a bicycle mount that fits the 4G LTE well? Not planning on doing any off-roading, but I do want something sturdy just in case.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a bicycle mount that fits the 4G LTE well? Not planning on doing any off-roading, but I do want something sturdy just in case.

There is a site that does this can't remember their name but I remember I found them on eBay by looking up evo lte otterbox car mount...

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have my EVOLTE in an Otterbox Defender case. I am looking at Slip Grip Car mounts. Not affiliated with them. They have mounts for car including vent and windshield, and bike mounts for naked phones and phones in cases. Reviews for the bike mounts are as varied as they are great, or the phone goes flying.

EVO 4G LTE

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have my EVOLTE in an Otterbox Defender case. I am looking at Slip Grip Car mounts. Not affiliated with them. They have mounts for car including vent and windshield, and bike mounts for naked phones and phones in cases. Reviews for the bike mounts are as varied as they are great, or the phone goes flying.

EVO 4G LTE

Did you try best buy,I think they had them at one time .

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

EVO 4G LTE

That's the company name .... the design is decent but ya there is a chance your phone would go flying

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
As promised, here are some photos of a handlebar phone mount (minus the handlebar mount part) attached to the main frame of the bike.

I've been on 2 18 mile rides with it so far and I have no fear of the phone falling out.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
As promised, here are some photos of a handlebar phone mount (minus the handlebar mount part) attached to the main frame of the bike.

I've been on 2 18 mile rides with it so far and I have no fear of the phone falling out.

No case and having it sitting like that is a disaster waiting to happen

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
There is a case on the phone and it's not just 'sitting' there. It's very securely mounted on the frame and the phone is very tightly secured in the mount itself. It takes a good amount if effort to take out.

Like the OP, I'm not a mountain biker. I ride mostly on paved roads. Unless I were to take a pretty bad fall on the bike, the phone isn't going anywhere. And even then I would be surprised if it fell out.

Sent from my Evo 4g LTE

aeroPM

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Check out the AMS Kraken case from tridentcase.com, it is basically like an otterbox defender with an integrated bike clip. I'm a cyclist (road, do races and commuting) and commute to work 20 miles by bike and will be getting it as soon as it comes out. I figure if for some reason it does come off the bike it will still be protected and it doesn't add much weight and looks pretty good. I'll probably take it out of the case when it's off the bike, but we'll see how much it impacts the thickness with the case on. Below are links to an amazon search for the cases which can be preordered now and the bike clip product page.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=i...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1877241
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0071...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1877241

thatevoguy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas folks, much appreciated! Haven't decided yet. I'll post up once I decide and purchase or make a solution. :)

mwedemeier11

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright Check this out, I purchased the Otterbox Defender case with my Evo on day one. What I did was take the Holster that comes with the case, and I popped off the Swivel clip (Which takes a little force) so all you are left with is the part the phone mounts into. Then what I did was take a trip down to Home Depot and purchase a 3/4" washer which will fit nicely in the hole where the swivel mount used to be. Then I purchase a 1.5" bolt and a couple nuts.

This is where the modification on your bike comes in. All that I did was drill a hole through my stem "that is what is holding your handlebars" and then I placed the holster with the washer on the stem and stuck the bolt through and tightened her down good. I've been using it for almost a month now, and I put down at least 8 miles a day with it and it is a beast. It doesn't feel like it will go anywhere, and I tend to ride on rougher terrain to. I hope that this makes sense to you guys, and if you have any questions I could post a video or PM me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqrxqohakhfdj8d/IMAG0015.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqhu8wvzcj8end8/IMAG0016.jpg

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, drilling a hole in your bike is hard corps! I don't know if I'd be willing to do that to my bike, but I always like seeing original ideas and suggestions. Looks good too!

thatevoguy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go with this one for now.

Arkon Mega Grip Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount for Smartphone

A friend of mine suggested it and after I checked it out on his bike I decided to purchase it. He said that it was a good idea to put a little super glue in/around the pieces that snap together just for "insurance", and it works equally well on a motorcycle. Many hundreds of miles without issue. That sold me.

Thanks for all the ideas folks! :cool:

Reactions: Bikster

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech