Sprint Car Dock and the Body Glove Tactic Case

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: The car dock fits perfectly with the Tactic case. It was a faulty car dock giving me problems. I switched it out at the sprint store, and no more connection issues!

I have the sprint car dock along with the Body Glove Tactic White/Gray Phone Cover from the sprint store. I love the case. It's nice and stylish, and offers good protection. The only drawback: the case does not fit perfectly with the car dock. It can make a power connection, but only when forced, and it's inconsistent.

Has anyone had any luck with any other cases that fit perfectly with the car dock? Is there a generic car dock that anyone has found that fits with the Body Glove Tactic case?

Last edited:

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any TPU case will work. I'm using the cruzerlite androidify cases and there was still a LOT of space. So much so I had to add in the included foam pads.

I hear the otterbox commuter also just barely fits, but fits fine.

Reactions: craigwann

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Any TPU case will work. I'm using the cruzerlite androidify cases and there was still a LOT of space. So much so I had to add in the included foam pads.

I hear the otterbox commuter also just barely fits, but fits fine.

Same here... I have a Diztronic TPU case on mine, and it fits in the Sprint Car Dock. I also had to use the two foam pads to boost the other side up so it could be level with the charging end.

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I'm leaning toward the surface. Still makes me a bit sad because I love my current case so much. I'm also going to swing by best buy and check out their offering this week. They always seem to have different cases than anyone else.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using the exact same case with the Sprint car dock, and it works great for me. Did you remove the dark grey insert from the car dock? The car dock included two little adhesive foam pads stapled to the manual, and I had to stick one to the dock at the bottom of the trough on the side away from the microUSB port after removing the insert. After that, the phone inserts perfectly.

attachment.php

I also moved the large foam pad that was on the flip part so that it presses on the back of the phone. It peeled off and restuck just fine. Moving this pad both made the hinged latch more secure AND stopped the forward and back play that the phone had (which can't be good for the microUSB port).

attachment.php

Last edited:

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am using the exact same case with the Sprint car dock, and it works great for me. Did you remove the dark grey insert from the car dock? The car dock included two little adhesive foam pads stapled to the manual, and I had to stick one to the dock at the bottom of the trough on the side away from the microUSB port after removing the insert. After that, the phone inserts perfectly.

Click to view quoted image

I also moved the large foam pad that was on the flip part so that it presses on the back of the phone. It peeled off and restuck just fine. Moving this pad both made the hinged latch more secure AND stopped the forward and back play that the phone had (which can't be good for the microUSB port).

Click to view quoted image

I was about to give up on this until I read your post. I actually returned the case to sprint last night. I got home, and plugged the phone in to the car dock caseless and guess what? IT STILL HAD A BAD CONNECTION! It was a faulty car dock the whole time!!!

After reading your reply, and went back to the sprint store today and switched out the car dock for a new one, and rebought my Tactic case. The new car dock works like a charm with the tactic case. What a headache! But, I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. Thank you!!! I am going to take your advice with the pad positioning as well.