Happy with Evo 4g LTE?

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I ditched Sprint (and therefore this new Evo) and went to the GNex (using a T-mobile sim).

I was not happy with the Evo's design, and excited to get a cheaper phone plan and vanilla android.

However, there will always be a part of me that will miss the upgrade loop of the latest phones.

I am not trolling or looking to compare the Evo to the GNex. I am genuinely curious about how much people like their new Evos.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I love mine too, single line @$62.49/mo. I encourage everyone to get a discount, everyone qualifies for at least 10% off each month.

:)

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I ditched Sprint (and therefore this new Evo) and went to the GNex (using a T-mobile sim).

I was not happy with the Evo's design, and excited to get a cheaper phone plan and vanilla android.

However, there will always be a part of me that will miss the upgrade loop of the latest phones.

I am not trolling or looking to compare the Evo to the GNex. I am genuinely curious about how much people like their new Evos.

Kick rocks and beat it. Enjoy spending extra money. I enjoy my LTE.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i love my evo LTE and i am loving it more each day i use it its fast and the data will be fast when sprint gets its network in order

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with everything about this phone and thrilled with many things about this phone.... with the exception of the way it handles memory/multitasking and the strange behavior when it sleeps. For me, it is bad enough that it seriously taints what is otherwise a super-excellent phone.

If those two things were fixed (and they can be fixed, since it is just software), I will love this phone at least three times as much as my Evo 3D and at least six times as much as my Evo 4G.

I feel it is still a net-gain but could be so much more.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with everything about this phone and thrilled with many things about this phone.... with the exception of the way it handles memory/multitasking and the strange behavior when it sleeps. For me, it is bad enough that it seriously taints what is otherwise a super-excellent phone.

If those two things were fixed (and they can be fixed, since it is just software), I will love this phone at least three times as much as my Evo 3D and at least six times as much as my Evo 4G.

I feel it is still a net-gain but could be so much more.

I've also had the original EVO 4G and then the 3D. May I add "me too" to what you said! I'll add that the camera has totally exceeded all my expectations. With the LTE launch announced for July 15th as frosting on the cake, there is no way I'd give up this jewel!

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine being happier with a phone than I am with this Evo, yet I know that soon I will be. I also can't imagine what it will take to trigger that inevitable day when I start checking to see when my next upgrade is.

I've posted this before, but as a designer myself, it boggles my mind that there are complaints about the design of this thing. I love sitting down at a meeting table and setting it down in front of me. People have literally gasped and said, "Oh my God! What phone is THAT?" before asking if they can check it out. When they pick it up and feel that cold metal body and then turn it over to admire the three colored back, I swear some of them almost drool on themselves. iPeople either look at it with hatred or envy, one of the chief ones where I work loudly and puplicly admitted that he has a serious case of phone envy. The design is sleek, striking, beautiful, and most importantly, functional. What's not to like?

Reactions: Mercury81

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine being happier with a phone than I am with this Evo, yet I know that soon I will be. I also can't imagine what it will take to trigger that inevitable day when I start checking to see when my next upgrade is.

I've posted this before, but as a designer myself, it boggles my mind that there are complaints about the design of this thing. I love sitting down at a meeting table and setting it down in front of me. People have literally gasped and said, "Oh my God! What phone is THAT?" before asking if they can check it out. When they pick it up and feel that cold metal body and then turn it over to admire the three colored back, I swear some of them almost drool on themselves. iPeople either look at it with hatred or envy, one of the chief ones where I work loudly and puplicly admitted that he has a serious case of phone envy. The design is sleek, striking, beautiful, and most importantly, functional. What's not to like?

I couldn't agree more more the design of this phone is distinctive, functional, exquisite in form. :):beer:;):thumbup::D

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Love mine too. And had got a Otterbox Defender to keep my grimey hands from screwing it up. By the way I get a 23% discount because I work for FedEx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85