HTC Sync Manager

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use the HTC Sync Manager? I finally tried installing it last night and can't get it to work properly. I got the download from the link the phone sent me to and that one didn't work. Then I found another link people said were working for their Evo LTE's and that one wouldn't work either. When I try to sync the phone it keeps telling me I don't have a storage card , which I don't, but shouldn't it read the internal memory on the phone?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried this past week and downloaded an update its not working on win.7- 64bit for some reason. I just used as drive and was able to back up stuff.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
There was a driver update if you Google did you try that...I don't if it's the newer version of HTC sync on the phone as my OG Evo worked fine when I had it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it did an update as soon as I plugged the phone in to sync. It'll sync my bookmarks and contacts and that's it. =(

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried uninstalling everything and redownloading and reinstalling the program from the link the phone sends you to when you first try to sync. This version of HTC Sync manager doesn't even run. A screen pops up saying Loading Content then immediately closes out. It'll do that a couple times then I'll get a HTC has unexpectedly stopped working. I had a Hero for 2 years and never really bothered with Sync. Am I really missing out on anything here? Is there anything that HTC Sync does that I cannot do using another program?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Has this crap been fixed with root. Lol.

I can't even use it. Im running linux full time. Luckily I have my 16gb sd.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dexion10

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
SYNC MANAGER - SEE SOLUTION BELOW (I posted to HTC.com and elsewhere - this was my resolution)

HTC Sync Manager is an MTP application that is slower than a mass storage connection and I've found it to be COMPLETELY USELESS for moving data from my computer (Windows XP) to the HTC One X+.

**** HTC SYNC MANAGER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL ***

TO RESOLVE FILE TRANSFER ISSUES I HAD TO SET THE PHONE UP AS A FTP SERVER with FILEZILLA

This is much slower than using a mass storage USB connection to your computer. The issue is more manageable once you have moved the majority of your old data to the phone and you only have to do one off transfers.

That said it is difficult to set up new folders and organize your phone through a FTP set-up because your PC will not necessarily have permissions to write new folders to your phone. This was a disappointment.

You can add your phone as a NETWORK PLACE on your computer and manage the folders from there... BUT I HIGHLY SUGGEST INSTEAD THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FILEZILLA (client software) to your computer and access your folders that way - you will be able to copy and move files quicker with file zilla because it will transfer 2-10 files at a time (slow transfer speeds btw).