Evo LTE vs. Galaxy Nexus

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK no secret LTE will get here when this phone will be considered old in the cell phone world. So besides the name it's got as much LTE to it as I have Rockefeller blood in my viens. What are the advantages to this phone over Galaxy Nexus (which I also do not own). I am coming into some money in a few months and passing my nexus s to my daughter to replace her Evo 4g.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

pre_task_king

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have them both. Got a GSM Gnex from google play store and Pre ordered Evo LTE. Evo blows away the Gnex in so many areas. Better and brighter screen, better camera quality and stabilization, better batery life, better build quality, better call quality, smoother UI experience... Animations are VERY smooth (Pre Jellybean). Expandable storage, much louder speaker, sound and notifications. I sadly have to part with my Evo because of Two reasons. The main one being sprint data speeds in MY AREA. Painfully slow...to the point that I would wonder why I paid sprint for the service that I was getting. Sprints 3g speeds make the phone useless in the areas that I am in during the day. The other reason I chose the Gnex was stock ICS, no carrier delays in updates and better feel with the UI and with the phone in hand. The phone seems to disappear when watching videos. The phone and the UI feel as if they are one. You have to use the phone to understand.

Hope I helped.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Pros for evo: Considerably better screen/processor/radios/battery/camera for the same price. Kickstand, thinner, interesting design (though I honestly love the whole "blank black slab" thing the Nexus has going on). LTE someday.

Cons: Multitasking is quack, no direct google updates, google wallet broken for now, no LTE yet. Questionable update schedule due to HTC, but hopefully they'll support this phone well. Some apps/games mysteriously incompatible. 3-dot menu button (though I guess the nexus has a constant black bar taking up part of the screen so you could say that it evens out).