Navigation voice changing??

nicko786

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed this and kinda confused. While using the Navigation app, the voice changed from that depressed, lazy woman to a younger, more higher energy girl, then back to the depressed broad. What's going on??

blazr2k

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Noticed this the as well. Started with the update that came out last week. The new voice is clear and easy to understand but I don't get why it changes back and forth.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess they are transitioning to the newer voice as it's ready. I'll have to unmute it next time and pay attention.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

nicko786

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just today, it changed voices while saying the same step! That was a new one!

"(In depressed voice) In 2 miles... (In happy voice) Take exit 145 and turn left!!!"

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I believe its the same voice that Google Now uses. I've only had it switch back on me once so far but I haven't driven many places where I needed navigation in the last week or two. I got the new voice while the Google io keynote was still going on though, they definitely rolled it out fast.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
When I went from PA to VA to MD on Saturday it switched numerous times...I hope noone was listening to me because I asked my phone where the other lady went. And she then came back and gave me the next intersection to turn at...weird...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox