Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Which one are you using and why?

Or are you using a different launcher

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Apex here. I just like the smoothness. But in all honestly, the difference between Apex and Nova is so slim that either one is a great one. I like the UI on Apex a little better in it's settings. Both are great launchers though.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Sense...it's the biggest reason I'm on this phone over the GS3. Having a phone by HTC is the only way to experience sense, and it's very smooth and nice looking in ICS. All the various elements and built in apps work very well together, so I'm enjoying it. It's a very "cozy" interface with lots of eye candy and visual flair. I spent the last 2 years on an Epic 4G and I had a 3rd party launcher, 3rd party messaging app, contacts app, gallery app, music app, etc. They all, individually, were great apps, but since they were all made by different people, they weren't designed to perfectly work together and there definitely wasn't much in the way of visual cohesion. I love that in sense I can use multiple apps with the exact same look, menu structure, layout, etc. It's a nice change of pace for now.

Reactions: FaisDogg

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have both and both are similar. I tend to like Apex more for the smoothness.

I however do like using sense a lot. It's fast and looks great. I just hate when it reloads. Even if you have another launcher, that launcher will close when sense crashes. Launchers just run on top of sense.

I use to have go launcher on my old Evo and loved it.

Last edited:

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Using nova here. Gonna buy the premium one when my nexus 7 gets here. I love sense. But I hate crashing. Nova just feels a little more smooth when it's not crashing haha

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I use apex because of the smoothness and reliability. It only reloads on average maybe once or twice a week on me. There are a lot of cool extra settings which sense just doesn't have.

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sense most of the time, and Nova Launcher some of the time. Nova over Apex, for me. If I remember, I got more reloads with Apex then I did with Sense. Actually the only loads I get with Sense anymore are after a reboot or after a change in Personalization.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nova. I tried Apex and it just feels sluggish to me, even on the fastest transition setting. Put Nova on faster than light and everything is instantaneous. I've got it loaded with widgets and haven't had any reloads yet.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Apex here although Nova is good too. I like the fact that using it instead of the Sense launcher frees up some RAM as it has a smaller footprint. Given the whole multitasking mess it was one of the first (and best) things I've changed.

Sent from my Evo LTE

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Apex here. Room for 7 icons in the app drawer + Folder Organizer means I have 2 touch access to everything on the phone. Although, if I wanted to switch screens (or do things the old fashioned way), transitions and everything are more than fast enough.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I buy HTC phones exclusively for sense! Love the widgets and it is buttery smooth! No reason to change it!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

I don't buy HTC's because of sense. Huge memory hog and it wastes resources. And the reason multitasking is awful on the phone. Good thing is, we have choices. There is a flavor of Android for everyone.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy HTC's because of sense. Huge memory hog and it wastes resources. And the reason multitasking is awful on the phone. Good thing is, we have choices. There is a flavor of Android for everyone.

Actually multitasking has been fixed with the latest OTA and is working fine now.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I like using nova because of the scrolling dock bar! Keeps my screen clean, with 1 widget per page!, plus the themes make it fun, I'm using the poker theme now, feel like I'm in Vegas every time i turn on my phone! :)

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I use Sense. I bought an HTC phone. If I wasn't going to use Sense I would have just continued to use my Nexus.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using apex. For me its the smoothest and most efficient. I like the scrolling dock bar cause it clears up a lot of space on my screens. Only downside is I can't use some of the widgets I like. Gotta download replacements instead.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I like using nova because of the scrolling dock bar! Keeps my screen clean, with 1 widget per page!, plus the themes make it fun, I'm using the poker theme now, feel like I'm in Vegas every time i turn on my phone! :)

I'm using Nova Prime as well. What is the poker theme? How did you find it?

I tried Apex and although I liked it, Nova was much the same for me without any reloads. Sense just doesn't have the customization options and I don't miss the clock at all. Using HD Widgets and Beautiful Widgets.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams