Seidio Releases Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC EVO 4G LTE

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

We are excited to inform fellow Android Central members that our Desktop Charging Cradle for the HTC EVO 4G LTE is finally here and now shipping! It is available via Seidio and coming soon to the Android Central store! This charging cradle is compatible with the bare device, Seidio SURFACE, and Seidio ACTIVE cases. Here are some pictures:

BD2-CRDHTX1-2.jpg

BD2-CRDHTX1-4.jpg

BD2-CRDHTX1-5.jpg

BD2-CRDHTX1-6.jpg

BD2-CRDHTX1-8.jpg

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it put the phone in landscape mode? This is a big question for a lot of folks.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I badly want a desktop cradle, but I am not going to buy the Seidio because I believe it is not safe enough. The OEM cradles have an indent to hold the phone and better prevent it from being knocked out (I have cats and think of such things). Without the indent, it is too risky to cause severe USB port damage on the phone.

Reactions: crzycrkr

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Does it put the phone in landscape mode? This is a big question for a lot of folks.

Unfortunately, and for reasons I don't understand, Sense does not support landscape. On the OEM chargers, there is a pretty useless "desktop mode" in the cradle which doesn't do anything that I want.

And yet the CODE is there, because if you use the video transfer thing over WiFi Direct to a TV, volia, you are in landscape mode. So exactly why are we not allowed to access that at other times???

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, and for reasons I don't understand, Sense does not support landscape. On the OEM chargers, there is a pretty useless "desktop mode" in the cradle which doesn't do anything that I want.

And yet the CODE is there, because if you use the video transfer thing over WiFi Direct to a TV, volia, you are in landscape mode. So exactly why are we not allowed to access that at other times???

I have a Sprint car dock and it puts it into landscape just fine. Not sure why it can't be done on the desktop dock.

Might just buy another car dock and use it on my night stand.

dumnpoor

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I used a dremil tool and widened mounting slot of my Seidio EVO 3D cradle.
Works perfectly with EVO 4G LTE. Screen turn on and goes Landscape as soon as phone is inserted.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint car dock and it puts it into landscape just fine. Not sure why it can't be done on the desktop dock.

Might just buy another car dock and use it on my night stand.

"Car Mode" and "Desktop Mode" are not true operational landscape modes. At least, they aren't on the Evo 3D. It is landscape, but you cannot launch apps and do whatever you want, like you can in portrait mode when not in the dock. They are more like specialized modes that give you only certain choices, with a different interface.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
"Car Mode" and "Desktop Mode" are not true operational landscape modes. At least, they aren't on the Evo 3D. It is landscape, but you cannot launch apps and do whatever you want, like you can in portrait mode when not in the dock. They are more like specialized modes that give you only certain choices, with a different interface.

On the sprint car dock once I close out the car app I have full access to anything I want. Use it all the time.

Reactions: crzycrkr and crxssi

harriskathym

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I use my Sprint car dock on my desk in the house and it works just fine. I put the metal plate on the desk and just use the suction cup on it. Mostly just on weekend when I am not in the car and then just take it back out on Monday morning.:)

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for people who have used the docks before. Now obviously if you put your phone in the dock would would leave there like by your beside with it charging all night or the in case of the car dock it constantly getting a little charge while you're driving but not enough fully charge the phone unless you are on a long trip. What effect if any does this have on the lifespan of the battery?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for people who have used the docks before. Now obviously if you put your phone in the dock would would leave there like by your beside with it charging all night or the in case of the car dock it constantly getting a little charge while you're driving but not enough fully charge the phone unless you are on a long trip. What effect if any does this have on the lifespan of the battery?

Your statements are not completely accurate. You are assuming the car dock can't fully charge the phone, which is not true. It also implies that only people using docks will partially charge phones; that isn't true either... I see people partially charge phones all the time using regular charger cables, external batteries, docks, and USB to computer cables.

I think I will reword your question to what it sounds like you are really asking: "What effect does it have on the battery lifespan when it is only partially charged over and over again, as opposed to using the phone a lot, then charging it fully each time?" I can't answer THAT question, but I don't think Li-Ion batteries care all that much.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No I'm sure the car dock can fully charge the phone....but even from the home charger it takes about 3 hours to do so....so on any regular drive to work or the store etc it would be getting a partial charge. So yes your statement about questioning partial charges is correct.

But what about if you dock your phone on a desk top cradle every night before bed. Assuming it takes three hours to charge and you sleep 8 hours it would be sitting on the charger for 5 extra hours every night. How does that effect the battery if it all?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
No I'm sure the car dock can fully charge the phone....but even from the home charger it takes about 3 hours to do so....so on any regular drive to work or the store etc it would be getting a partial charge.

That completely depends on how much charge you had to begin with. If you were at 95% and then put it in the car dock for a 20 min trip, it is likely it will fully charge. Your "3 hour" scenario is from a very low charge.

So yes your statement about questioning partial charges is correct.

But what about if you dock your phone on a desk top cradle every night before bed. Assuming it takes three hours to charge and you sleep 8 hours it would be sitting on the charger for 5 extra hours every night. How does that effect the battery if it all?

Well, again, using the desktop charger is no different from using the included wall charger. But that aside, once the phone reaches 100% charge, it will stop charging the batteries and simply operate on line power until it is unplugged. It will not overcharge the batteries, so you can leave the charger connected to a fully charged phone as long as you like and it will not affect the health of the batteries in any way.

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
On the sprint car dock once I close out the car app I have full access to anything I want. Use it all the time.

For me too. However, sometimes it doesn't do it. Still trying to fiolut how to set it up for landscape.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma