Navigation Issue

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I had my OG Evo for 2 years and used it extensively in my vehicles and on my motorcycle. On the motorcycle I used it to stream TuneIn radio or music player while using Telenav and I was also able to bring up radar maps on long trips when needed. It worked well and the navigation would mute whatever music I had playing when prompted. I now have the new Evo LTE and every time I navigate to another app, music or whatever, from Telenav it still shows up on the notifications bar, but I don't hear any prompts? When I try to switch back to Telenav, it just starts reloading? I've looked thru all the settings and can't seem to figure out how to keep nav working in the background. I also tried google Navigation, but it did the same thing? What gives, is there a setting I am missing? I've only got a week left to return this phone, so I would really like to resolve this before then. Is this a multi-tasking issue?

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is a multitasking issue. If u can afford to wait for a fix or deal with it til then. Otherwise u should trade in your phone.

Hope HTC see's these posts.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I might as well return this thing and reactivate my old Evo and wait untill when/if there is a fix to do the upgrade.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, u may as well. Although, it could be fixed as early as the end of the week if HTC released source tomorrow. Or it could take until the end of summer if they want to be dicks.

U are most likely going to have to root your phone as well if HTC doesn't offer a fix thru an ota. Which at this point doesn't seem likely since HTC doesn't see an issue with multitasking. To them it is working as designed.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I might as well return this thing and reactivate my old Evo and wait untill when/if there is a fix to do the upgrade.

Spend a moment and tell HTC why you are unhappy, whether you take it back or not. See the link in my signature. Eventually they will come to understand that the way they are handling memory management/task killing/multitasking is just not acceptable. The more people that complain, the better the chance it will get fixed.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
HTC needs to fix this and make it like the original Evo. That phone would freeze an app for weeks and I am not kidding.

HTC wants to know why they are not selling tons of phones and making huge profit, these are the reasons why...

I can only imagine how many phones that were returned. It's only their fault and the problem has been known for a long time now. I honestly don't think they will fix it or they would have already. Look at the one x and how long it has been on the market for now and still no fix.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Spend a moment and tell HTC why you are unhappy, whether you take it back or not. See the link in my signature. Eventually they will come to understand that the way they are handling memory management/task killing/multitasking is just not acceptable. The more people that complain, the better the chance it will get fixed.

It's so true, I gave them my two cents and def made it known that it was not acceptable when I emailed them. They then sent me the survey in which I complained as much as I could. I don't understand how they think that everything is fine according to their email. Don't advertise the phone has multitasking if it doesn't. Memory management is NOT multitasking is what they need to understand. I blame apple too, they didn't come up with multitasking first either and yet that was the reason that the phone was kept back at customs because of the lawsuit. It's the reason that they had to change this. Go f*** yourselves apple.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC needs to fix this and make it like the original Evo. That phone would freeze an app for weeks and I am not kidding.

HTC wants to know why they are not selling tons of phones and making huge profit, these are the reasons why...

I can only imagine how many phones that were returned. It's only their fault and the problem has been known for a long time now. I honestly don't think they will fix it or they would have already. Look at the one x and how long it has been on the market for now and still no fix.

I would assume that if by the first update that comes out for this phone doesn't have a fix for it that they truly don't give a rats a** and I will be furious. I still won't go back to Samsung that's for sure but I will have to root and find a work around :banghead:

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
same thing happens to me with Telenav. I also complained to HTC and they suggested I use Google Navigation instead. They are clueless. This whole issue sucks. This phone has way too many issues. It's very annoying. Each HTC phone has more and more issues out of the box. At least with the OG Evo and Evo 3D they were responsive in correcting them in a timely manner.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Your first problem is using Telenav lol...I use google nav and have none of the above said issues. Been using it years. When I first got the OG EVO I tried telenav and hated it. Stuck with Gnav ever since

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading this thread with Android Central's app, received a text, pulled down the notification window and responded. When I went back to the forum it had reloaded to the first page.

So frustrating!!

Edit...

Then I just backed out to the post listing and it closed the app.

Long story short. Return it and wait until it's "fixed" or until something better comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674