Anyone else regret sticking with Sprint?

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love my HTC EVO LTE, I'm starting to regret sticking with Sprint. While I do get better voice reception and considerably fewer dropped calls over AT&T, their data speeds are starting to wear on me. While I do have wi-fi access 90% of the time, that other 10% where I have to rely on 3g is getting annoying.

Anyone else regretting sticking with Sprint?

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say no for me personally. This could also be the way I use my phone. I'm much like you. Most of the time I'm on wi-fi and when I'm not on wi-fi I don't have the urge to go to you tube or download anything huge so when I'm not on wi-fi, checking my mail, sending text, making a phone call works just fine. I'm not sure where you are located but most people here are happy to wait for the network upgrades because I've seen the numbers and would rather stick it out then go pay more for a contract period and end up coming back anyway.

Ice

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Top early to tell. Im betting on their new network. If it doesn't improve I nay be gone next time.

But then I kook at other peoples plans and they are terrible.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cj4android

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Guess it depends where you are. Sitting next to an AT&T user watching them stream a baseball game while I couldn't even check my e-mail was pretty sad. If they don't improve their 3G (have an S2 so I know 4G won't get better for me) I'm considering paying the disconnect fee and jumping ship. It'll cost me $40 more a month but not having data is killing me and I can't always rely on WiFi. Funny thing is, that's why I left AT&T 3 years ago. Was the right decision then but now the tables have turned it seems.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Top early to tell. Im betting on their new network. If it doesn't improve I nay be gone next time.

But then I kook at other peoples plans and they are terrible.

That's the thing too. It seems Sprint customers are stuck between a rock and a hard place, because the other carriers offer a terrible alternative. I had two bad experiences with AT&T, and Verizon's new pricing structure sucks. Plus they don't offer a comparable HTC phone.

I would have to say no for me personally. This could also be the way I use my phone. I'm much like you. Most of the time I'm on wi-fi and when I'm not on wi-fi I don't have the urge to go to you tube or download anything huge so when I'm not on wi-fi, checking my mail, sending text, making a phone call works just fine. I'm not sure where you are located but most people here are happy to wait for the network upgrades because I've seen the numbers and would rather stick it out then go pay more for a contract period and end up coming back anyway.

Ice

The thing with me is even when I'm not around wi-fi, I still feel the need to check stuff like Youtube or my email or social networking sites and data speeds are bad.

The thing is I'm north of Boston and from what I've read about Sprint's new LTE network since I bought my EVO LTE, is that data speeds where between Verizon's and AT&T's, but that was under controller circumstances.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Guess it depends where you are. Sitting next to an AT&T user watching them stream a baseball game while I couldn't even check my e-mail was pretty sad. If they don't improve their 3G (have an S2 so I know 4G won't get better for me) I'm considering paying the disconnect fee and jumping ship. It'll cost me $40 more a month but not having data is killing me and I can't always rely on WiFi. Funny thing is, that's why I left AT&T 3 years ago. Was the right decision then but now the tables have turned it seems.

I left att too for the same thing and never regretted it. Then before I picked up the EVO I wad thinking of going back cause its so much better here. Now.

Im a sucker for sprint though. There lies are so promising and intriguing and make it sound like they will be better than everyone. They're like a bad wife that cheats on you but you keep going back when they apologized.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I take full advantage of unlimited data (over 11 GB last month) so the thought of what my bill would be on other carriers is frightening. I will admit not being able to take full advantage of unlimited data in certain areas can be frustrating, but the price premium I would pay for how I use my phone on other carriers would be far, far more frustrating

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I take full advantage of unlimited data (over 11 GB last month) so the thought of what my bill would be on other carriers is frightening. I will admit not being able to take full advantage of unlimited data in certain areas can be frustrating, but the price premium I would pay for how I use my phone on other carriers would be far, far more frustrating

Well I can't get 11 gigs a month on 3g! I'll bet when they get lte up in most major markets, we'll see a price increase

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing too. It seems Sprint customers are stuck between a rock and a hard place, because the other carriers offer a terrible alternative. I had two bad experiences with AT&T, and Verizon's new pricing structure sucks. Plus they don't offer a comparable HTC phone.

The thing with me is even when I'm not around wi-fi, I still feel the need to check stuff like Youtube or my email or social networking sites and data speeds are bad.

The thing is I'm north of Boston and from what I've read about Sprint's new LTE network since I bought my EVO LTE, is that data speeds where between Verizon's and AT&T's, but that was under controller circumstances.
I am in the same boat! I live by the expo center in Boston, and have no 3g in the neighborhood. phone roams and can barely get a signal. I miss calls and texts always, but I do get voicemails.

My girlfriend has AT&T and gets amazing service, even on her iPhone. It might be fake 4g, but you can stream movies all day long. I can't even receive a text, let alone make a call.

Sprint is actually letting me leave and I'M going to AT&T, but I have no idea which phone to get.

Galaxy S3 is a good phone, but I hate the screen. The one x is great too, but no Sd card and some issues. IPhone, forget it... I can't go backwards. Although, I will have great service...

What do I do?

Last edited:

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat! I live by the expo center in Boston, and have no 3g in the neighborhood. phone roams and can barely get a signal. I miss calls and texts always, but I do get voicemails.

My girlfriend has AT&T and gets amazing service, even on her iPhone. It might be fake 4g, but you can stream movies all day long. I can't even receive a text, let alone make a call.

Sprint is actually letting me leave and I'M going to AT&T, but I have no idea which phone to get.

Galaxy S3 is a good phone, but I hate the screen. The one x is great too, but no Sd card and some issues. IPhone, forget it... I can't go backwards. Although, I will have great service...

What do I do?

If I had the chance to jump ship again and go to AT&T, I'd go with the HTC ONE X. Almost identical to the EVO LTE spec wise. I'm not disappointed in my phone but the service. AT&T & T-Mobile are also the only two carriers rolling out full support on the MBTA lines as they go live. Verizon has only committed to 4 downtown stations and Sprint hasn't even made a commitment to any coverage.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I just got rid of my ATT and Verizon lines. I will stick with my EVO LTE and my GSlll. I have wifi almost every where I go. If I don't have wifi I am probably in the woods so don't really need my phone for much anyways. Plus I work for sprint so if I am having issues I will call and get it fixed.

247TEK

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Be with Sprint since 98. I had a Crackberry phone before the EVo's that was trash so I upgraded and haven't had any issues. Unlimited data plan can't be beat..... My 2cents:D

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
After coming from T-Mobile for this phone (evo4glte) I was scared about the whole download speed I've been hearing about on sprint but after having this phone for awhile and using sprint I'm really liking it. I don't see a big delay in download speed and my call quality is amazing now people can actually hear me and sprint tv is amazing all I do is watch ESPN. With T-Mobile I was getting 4-7 MPs on 4g and on sprint I'm getting .75 MPs but if I wasn't on 4g I was f*cked (and that was all the time) and I never lose signal always 3g full bars I'm glade I moved.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I been with sprint for 12 years. The only problem I ever had was inside my house and Sprint promptly sent me their Airave device and that fixed it and I then had full bars inside. I've never had any problem with either data or voice away from home. I love Sprint, the price, the service, the device selection, and of course no data limit to worry about. And in 5 days I will have LTE on my EVO4GLTE.

HeadBlade911

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking with Sprint. I have 4G in my area. On it now as I type this now. Use about 20gb per month. Tether ny laptop too (rooted), unlimited data. I am going to ride my OG EVO until LTE gets in my area. Then will upgrade to the EVO LTE or S3.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I regret sticking with Sprint. Sprints coverage in my area has gone to crap over the last 6 months or so, making my phone unuseable for calling most of the time.

Yeah the 3g speeds are garbage and there is no foreseeable 4g in my area but I dont care abou t that, I'm wifi connected most of the time. About half the time when I dial a number and hit call, it disconnects me immediately. If I miraculously get through, the connection usually drops within 3 seconds. I dont even get some incoming calls, but mostly they just disconnect before I even get a chance to answer the phone.

I love the evo 4glte and I wish I could drop Sprint in favor of Verizon and use this phone I've already bought. Yeah Verizon is much more expensive but at least it works.

bgesullo

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I've actually seen some improvements in their data speeds. I have also seen the project coverage maps for their network vision and coverage will greatly improve, so will data speeds. Only time will tell!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For now I'm sticking with Sprint. My wife and I have shared minutes and more importantly unlimited data. She has an iPhone 4s and I've got the EVO LTE which I love. Seattle is suppose to get LTE coverage later this year, so I'll wait it out.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
We will see. I had Sprint for a while and was very disappointed in the data speeds. I had the Nexus S 4G and could rarely stream any video. Music was iffy. I liked the unlimited plan and the price was great. But in the end the performance was bad. I used the voice to text feature on Android all the time while I was driving. My messages wouldn't register because data speeds were horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37