Google Wallet Update Post-Mortem

KMyers

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
After installing todays OTA, I noticed that Google Wallet no longer had my pre-paid card active. It basically returned to a clean install. I started to panic a bit and was getting realy to contact Money Network (again) to yell at them. Before I did, I hit the "Add Prepaid Card" button and after a few moments my balance was back...

Crisis Adverted.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I did have to call Money Network - I had added funds with my first phone, then swapped phones, which meant I had a new 16 digit account number. The $10 credit showed up but not the added funds. Money Network can "move" the funds to my new account, just a matter of verifying some info over the phone. Mostly painless.

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It worked for me too, at least for the prepaid card. It looks like I have to redo the credit card I set up before they pulled the plug.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there any information about what this fix is supposed to do? I would like to know if it has solved the issue that fried the secure element when users did a factory install without deactivating Wallet.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the local CVS and attempted to use the wallet, it is still not functional

Did you ask the store if it worked for other people? Reason I ask is I went into a Best Buy and asked them about it and they told me it had been turned off at all their POS machines because nobody used it. (I assume it costs them to have it)

KMyers

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you ask the store if it worked for other people? Reason I ask is I went into a Best Buy and asked them about it and they told me it had been turned off at all their POS machines because nobody used it. (I assume it costs them to have it)

I happen to be the only one who uses it there, It worked in the past (Prior to support dropping). I am getting the Nexus 7 tablet soon (pre-ordered) and will test it again. I may do a factory reset it on it today and unlock the bootloader while I am at it

Okay, silly question. Now that i've enable Google Wallet, how can I get it not to show up on the notification bar?

It will only show one time notifications when it is used or active. Once the application is closed, it goes away.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I happen to be the only one who uses it there, It worked in the past (Prior to support dropping). I am getting the Nexus 7 tablet soon (pre-ordered) and will test it again. I may do a factory reset it on it today and unlock the bootloader while I am at it

I think that is part of the problem with NFC payments right now too, nobody uses them. ATM machines/credit card devices have 'issues' all the time from communications, mag reader issues, etc.. If the NFC stuff wasn't working right and 1 out of 100,000 customers try it.. they probably wouldn't even know. Hopefully as support grows that will change.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can report that the update worked for me. After I updated, I added the Google Prepaid Card and my $10 balance showed up. About 30 minutes ago, I used Google Wallet at McDonalds successfully for lunch.

Favorite part? The "How in the hell did you do that?" look from the cashier!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza