How to re-root if you have downloaded the newest OTA

hselomein

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So i didnt want to wait for the devs to update thier roms, and i wanted the radio updates as well. for all those ppl say not to do the OTA you will losew root until a new method is found are not correct. Yes you will lose root, but you can get it back. and its easy. Here are the steps.

For people who have used LazyPanda for true S-OFF, dont update untill your dev has updated your rom and provided the radio images to flash. the XDA guys are giving it to me good for not includiung this.

1. Relock boot loader
2. apply RUU for the same rom version you are running http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1645890
3. rerun RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter
3a. It will sucessfully unlock and flash the recovery on your phone, but it will fail to root it.
3b. Download the rooting files Download H...4GLTERoot2.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com
4. Extract the contents of the zip file
5. Copy the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip to your SD card
6. Reboot to recovery
7. Flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip
8. Reboot to system and Viola you have have a rooted install

Reactions: gitit20

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I know you have to do the RUU if you have a custome rom and so on but if i just have a rooted stock phone cant i simply update then just rerun the regawmod? and flash the zip file?

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know your step 2 link is DOA

:p

So i didnt want to wait for the devs to update thier roms, and i wanted the radio updates as well. for all those ppl say not to do the OTA you will losew root until a new method is found are not correct. Yes you will lose root, but you can get it back. and its easy. Here are the steps.

For people who have used LazyPanda for true S-OFF, dont update untill your dev has updated your rom and provided the radio images to flash. the XDA guys are giving it to me good for not includiung this.

1. Relock boot loader
2. apply RUU for the same rom version you are running http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1645890
3. rerun RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter
3a. It will sucessfully unlock and flash the recovery on your phone, but it will fail to root it.
3b. Download the rooting files Download H...4GLTERoot2.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com
4. Extract the contents of the zip file
5. Copy the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip to your SD card
6. Reboot to recovery
7. Flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip
8. Reboot to system and Viola you have have a rooted install

cpagan2000

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Question, my device has never been rooted at all since day one. I downloaded the latest OTA which fixed the Google Wallet issue, so how do I root now.

Should I just run number 3: RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter and than the rest of the steps from there on.

Thanks -- :p

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Question, my device has never been rooted at all since day one. I downloaded the latest OTA which fixed the Google Wallet issue, so how do I root now.

Should I just run number 3: RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter and than the rest of the steps from there on.

+1

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Yes. That should work.

mat5t

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue where my phone keeps disconnecting during step 2 and gets stuck on the white htc logo (with error code 171) and won't proceed. any thought on how to fix this? In fact this also occurred while i was trying to start on step 3... :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20