sprint insurance $11 now

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just checked my bill and sprint insurance went up from $8 to $11 a month smh does anyone know of any other insurance that's cheaper, I mean next thing u know we'll be paying $15

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like them too but they are getting very expensive, I heard they are going to raise the deductible to $150

They already did.

And yet they STILL don't charge more to people who constantly ruin their phones (and less to people who don't). It is not like any other insurance I have ever seen. I have never damaged a phone or made a claim, and yet I still have to pay $11 a month and be under a $150 deductible... the same amount as some sap who has carelessly destroyed a dozen phones.

What exactly is the incentive for being careful and taking care of the equipment?

Reactions: baykcd

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought I remembered it being lower when I added it for the first time this time around.

I only added it cause it was a headache fixing the nexus without it. If this isnt any better ill ditch it.

I rarely break a phone. Only wear and tear. And its cheaper to pay the manufacture to fix it than have insurance when I never need it. But such a hassle.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I suppose.

Still doesn't seem fair. Should be waived, at least the first time, for those who have several years with no claims, don't you think?

Yea. Like nation wide. Ahaha with vanishing deductible. It would only be fair. I've not been with sprint long but have bought 5 phones from them. One at full price of 500$

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Not only that but it says the deductible is 150 bucks now on top of the price increase. Im considering just getting rid off that once the price of the evos goes down on eBay,

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
This was a big reason I bought my SGS3 from Best Buy so that I could get their insurance. It's only $10 a month with no deductible, and it covers water damage. The only thing it doesn't cover that Sprint covers is lost or stolen phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
This was a big reason I bought my SGS3 from Best Buy so that I could get their insurance. It's only $10 a month with no deductible, and it covers water damage. The only thing it doesn't cover that Sprint covers is lost or stolen phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

I've heard horror stories from all carriers on people that bought there phones from best buy and tried to go thru there insurance. That's the only reason I didn't buy thru them

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Been tempted to just open a "phone" savings account and put in $10 a month for when/if I lose/break my phone.. may be cheaper than insurance.. and get same result (well, get new phone quicker).

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Many companies have reduced rates for longterm customers with no claims.
Think how much they'd save without it!

This is why I don't have insurance. $11 a month? With the $150, by the end of your contract, you've already bought another phone outright. Keep your money!

Sprint will still repair your phone within the first year (Mfr warranty) for defects.

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I also went with Best Buy insurance instead of Sprint but I prepaid for 2 yrs at a discounted rate. I believe it was $180 which works out to around $7.50/month. I've never had it before but have heard good things.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Been tempted to just open a "phone" savings account and put in $10 a month for when/if I lose/break my phone.. may be cheaper than insurance.. and get same result (well, get new phone quicker).

In theory that might sound good, but if you don't have the insurance you're looking at a full retail price for a new replacement phone if yours brakes after the 90 days. The Sprint $150.00 deductible is still better than At&t's $200.00.

sent from EVO4GLTE

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my bill and sprint insurance went up from $8 to $11 a month smh does anyone know of any other insurance that's cheaper, I mean next thing u know we'll be paying $15

I got a card couple days ago from Sprint saying it will stay at old price fro a "few" months then jump.. looks like it's done.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
In theory that might sound good, but if you don't have the insurance you're looking at a full retail price for a new replacement phone if yours brakes after the 90 days. The Sprint $150.00 deductible is still better than At&t's $200.00.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Sorry - can you please explain the 90 days a bit more. Isn't phone covered by at least HTC for 1 year ? Or is it Sprint who cover for 90 days without the warranty?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry - can you please explain the 90 days a bit more. Isn't phone covered by at least HTC for 1 year ? Or is it Sprint who cover for 90 days without the warranty?

Yes ,whatever the manufacturer warranty says and then your on your own without the insurance.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon