Evo Lte bluetooth problems continue after update

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to HTC said a fix is in the works. One x had their fix already taken care of said ours isn't far behind. But of course sprint still does control when it will be available. Sort of like jellybean.

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to HTC said a fix is in the works. One x had their fix already taken care of said ours isn't far behind. But of course sprint still does control when it will be available. Sort of like jellybean.

So I ran into the same problem again except my old ways wouldnt fix the problem. So instead of clearing the data I "force stop" and this has worked every time. One other note I wanted to add was that I was never asked to load phone book. The phone numbers display on my radio of the incoming/out going calls but not the names. Thanks to everyone for the help

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I noticed last week that my headset was not working properly. I could get it to connect, it triggered the voice commands, would hang up, but no audio would come through. I had a second headset, same model, tried using that one and identical issue. I went through here, tried all the suggestions in the forums, and the only thing that worked was disabling 'Fast Boot' in System Settings>Power, then doing a reboot. After that, BT headset worked perfectly. Hope that helps someone else having this very weird problem.

stumetz

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I finally got tired of not being able to use my handsfree bluetooth in my car so I emailed HTC and so far there suggestion has made it so people on the other end understand what i'm saying. Hope this helps anybody with this problem.

I understand you were having issues with the voice quality through the Bluetooth car system with your HTC EVO 4G LTE. I would be more than happy to assist you with this Bluetooth inquiry. You mention that your voice comes across as static on the other end. When you make calls through your Android device using the microphone or speakerphone, does the other party hear the same voice quality coming through? If you are able to replicate this issue using the microphone or speakerphone, I would recommend that you consider trying a couple of troubleshooting steps first.

If you have your device turned on, you need to go to your HOME screen > MENU > Settings > Power > then uncheck Fast boot. When you are done, I need you to soft reset your phone.

Restart Your Phone
Restarting the phone will close all running apps and will clear all temporary files in the phone’s memory. Make sure to save your work before restarting the phone.

1. Press and hold POWER BUTTON for about two seconds.
2. On the Power options menu, touch Restart.
3. In the Restart phone confirmation box, touch Restart.
Note: If the phone hangs and the touch screen does not respond, press and hold POWER BUTTON for about 10 seconds to restart the phone.

If there is still no resolution, I would suggest that you consider clearing the system cache to restore most factory settings without losing your applications, Gmail, or other information. To clear the system cache to reset the phones, follow these steps:

1. Save any open files, and back up all necessary data on the internal memory if the device is responsive and can synchronize files.
2. If the phone is plugged into the charger or USB cable, unplug it.
3. Remove the battery and re-insert it.
Note: If the battery is not removable, turn off Fast boot and then turn off the device. You can turn it off in Settings > Power > clear the Fast boot check box.
4. Press and hold the Volume Down key.
5. While holding the Volume Down key, press the Power key. Do not release the volume key.
6. Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen. The following options display:
• FASTBOOT
• RECOVERY
• FACTORY RESET
• SIM LOCK
• IMAGE CRC
• Note: If you are stuck on a screen that says 'HBOOT' and 'FASTBOOT' without any other options to choose from, it means you have pressed the BACK button. To get to the regular options, press either the Power key on HBOOT or the BACK button.

7. Press the Volume Down key once to select RECOVERY.
8. Press the Power key.
9. Wait as the device displays the boot up screen then shows a picture of a phone with a red triangle.
10. On the red triangle screen, hold the Up Volume key and press the Power key at the same time. A blue menu displays:
• Reboot system now
• Apply sdcard:update.zip
• Wipe data/factory reset
• Wipe cache partition
11. Press the Down Volume key three times to scroll to Wipe cache partition.
12. Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
13. Wait until the phone displays 'Cache wipe complete.'
14. Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
• Note: If the phone hangs on a black screen for several minutes, remove the battery, re-insert it, and turn on the phone.

Let me know how things work out after you complete the cache partition on your device. I apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Danielle

HTC

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly, I am having bluetooth problems with my Motorola headset ever since the last update. Never had the problem before.

If it has been several days since I last used the headset, when I turn it on, it will do the startup beeps, then the connect beep and the Evo LTE will show connection. When I then press the button on the headset, I get the low/hi beep which should trigger voice commands and nothing happens. Try it several times, nothing. Disconnect headset and start over, same thing. I can manually dial a number, but never use voice commands.

The only thing that fixes it is to reboot the phone, and then it will work for a while. At first I thought it was a fluke, but it has done this to me four times now.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems my issue is resolved. It was a hardware issue w/ my BlueStar unit. Factory fixed the issue w/ an incompatability. Works like a charm now.

Cyndane

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed last week that my headset was not working properly. I could get it to connect, it triggered the voice commands, would hang up, but no audio would come through. I had a second headset, same model, tried using that one and identical issue. I went through here, tried all the suggestions in the forums, and the only thing that worked was disabling 'Fast Boot' in System Settings>Power, then doing a reboot. After that, BT headset worked perfectly. Hope that helps someone else having this very weird problem.

I searched EVERYWHERE to find a fix for this, everyone kept blaming the bluetooth although I'd tried numerous devices. I was afraid I was going to have to reset my phone to factory. This is the only thing that worked. Thank you!!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
That fastboot causes a lot of problems! They should get rid of it!

+1 I have said that since it was introduced. It is only like PARTIALLY rebooting. If you must reboot, best to do it all the way. On these phones it is not like it takes all that long. Besides, I hardly ever reboot.

It is not that it CAUSES problems as much as it fails to allow rebooting to RESOLVE problems that stem from some hardware issue.