Alarm Clock Shortcut

mamawaffles

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the htc evo lte. The stock alarm clock works great however I can't figure out how to get a shortcut straight to the alarm clock on my desktop. All the apps that I've download [rec'd from other threads I read] aren't going straight to the alarm clock they go to the world clock.

Is there a way to get a shortcut straight to the alarm clock on the desktop?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the htc evo lte. The stock alarm clock works great however I can't figure out how to get a shortcut straight to the alarm clock on my desktop. All the apps that I've download [rec'd from other threads I read] aren't going straight to the alarm clock they go to the world clock.

Is there a way to get a shortcut straight to the alarm clock on the desktop?

When I tap on my clock widget on my home, it goes straight to alarm clock screen. But if you really need a separate icon, make one using "quickshortcutmaker" app.

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

mamawaffles

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
the clock widget as well as the big main clock weather both go to the world clock. i tried the short cut maker but it couldnt find alarm. should i be searching for something else?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I mean, I know what you're talking about, I too would rather it go straight to the alarm clock instead of the world clock, but...at the same time, it's also just a super quick tap/swipe away. If there were a way to make it do it (I thought rearranging the tabs at the bottom might...but it turns out no), I'd be happy, but I can live with it the way it is.

mamawaffles

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm find with the work around if there aren't any options. But I feel like ther must be one since its so simple.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm find with the work around if there aren't any options. But I feel like ther must be one since its so simple.

Tap and hold tabs and move alarm tab in position 1, then next time it should go straight to the first tab, which now is alarm clock...hope it helps

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Tap and hold tabs and move alarm tab in position 1, then next time it should go straight to the first tab, which now is alarm clock...hope it helps

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

That doesn't work. That was the first thing I tried as well, but it still opens to the world clock by default.

dillpickle64

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This has been annoying to me as well. On my EVO Shift, the HTC clock app would always open to the last tab I had used...since I only ever used the alarm clock, tapping on the clock widget would open the alarm clock directly. I haven't been able to do the same on the 4G LTE.

One of the previous posts suggested that changing the order of the tabs would change this...does it actually work this way for anyone? Regardless of the tab order, mine always opens to World Clock.

mamawaffles

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
im also in the same boat. rearranging the tabs does nothing. always opens to the world clock :( even all the "shortcut" apps go to the world clock.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I also want direct alarm acces and, since that isn't on the EVO LTE, I've put the "Alarm Clock Plus" button on my homescreen so I can go straight to an alarm. Actually, I use it for naps mostly, so I also use the nap widget all the time.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad