Ques RE: EVO 4GLTE

NYCMAN2012

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
First off, I would like to apologize for "Starting a NEW " thread but...I believe this issue is getting "white washed" by Sprint.

I could "buy" the argument well,,, (the 4g lte) is just not as loud as other phones ,,,(end of story) BUT,,,,Since the 4g LTE has 2 speakers ...THERE is no reason the "old" 4g EVo should be louder than the "NEW" 4g LTE ...

With all of these "software" updates and enhancements still "Nothing" addressing this issue...LISTEN when I get a call I want to be able to hear the ringer ,,,it is VERY easy to miss a call on the 4g lte due to this issue...

I read here and othe forums people are trying "home brew ideas" ,,,some are waiting for "actual software upgrade", Can someone/anyone please give intelligent feedback regarding this.

Thank you in advance !

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problem with volume, mine is definitely louder than my OG Evo.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
You sure it's not your ears? My EVO is plenty loud. I have no problems hearing it at all. Of course I've got youthful ears as well lol.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Where is the second speaker?

Also, using quotes and random capitalization, plus overuse of ellipses will not get your point across clearer or more demandingly. Just makes it look silly.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Certainly sounds (pun intended) like a bad phone. Take it to a sprint store and demonstrate the speaker volume of your phone against a floor model.

Like others mine is perfectly acceptable.

One question though, do you have "Quiet ring on pickup" turned on? Perhaps you have a bad sensor that makes your phone always think it is in motion thus quieting the ringer?

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Where is the second speaker?

Also, using quotes and random capitalization, plus overuse of ellipses will not get your point across clearer or more demandingly. Just makes it look silly.

I disagree. I think the overuse of quotes, questionable use of commas and the obvious misunderstanding of the ellipses lent themselves to a refreshing departure from staid grammatical form.
I may not have accurately comprehended his post but my eyes enjoyed the treat.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
First off, I would like to apologize for "Starting a NEW " thread but...I believe this issue is getting "white washed" by Sprint.

So why did you, then? There are already existing speaker threads.

I could "buy" the argument well,,, (the 4g lte) is just not as loud as other phones ,,,(end of story) BUT,,,,Since the 4g LTE has 2 speakers ...THERE is no reason the "old" 4g EVo should be louder than the "NEW" 4g LTE ...

1) The Evo LTE has one speaker not 2.
2) The Evo LTE is louder than the Evo 3D and almost as loud as the Evo 4G.

Reactions: kiwicarlos741

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had to turn my ringer volume down it was too loud. Really a hearing check migh might be a good idea... Just sayin..;)

sent from EVO4GLTE

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is it purely phone speaker issues you're having? Or volume within apps? There's both media and speaker volumes and sometimes the one you need to actually boost the sound in an app is hidden, or, there's a separate sound slider in a menu setting somewhere that you have set too low.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So why did you, then? There are already existing speaker threads.

1) The Evo LTE has one speaker not 2.
2) The Evo LTE is louder than the Evo 3D and almost as loud as the Evo 4G.

And you posted in this thread that should have been posted elsewhere, essentially making it longer. Which is the lesser of the two of evils?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And you posted in this thread that should have been posted elsewhere, essentially making it longer. Which is the lesser of the two of evils?

I guess it doesn't really matter, the OP has gone back into his life of obscurity and doesn't really want an answer, just to see his name starting a thread...

anon(722103)

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have felt the speaker was not as loud as my old Evo 4g. Mainly when using speakerphone for calls. Music may not be dramatically different but still seems not quite as loud. Also not sure this is related or not but when using the aux cable in my car I have to turn the volume on the phone up all the way and turn the volume on the car a lot higher than I do for all other types of music (radio, CD, HDD).

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I think the overuse of quotes, questionable use of commas and the obvious misunderstanding of the ellipses lent themselves to a refreshing departure from staid grammatical form.
I may not have accurately comprehended his post but my eyes enjoyed the treat.

Laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose, thank you :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
He probably want it as loud as the HTC Hero was that was a beast phone King Kong in the Trunk the Evo is more like an iPod Touch it about the same volume but that probably cause they don't want you to go deaf I think the volume is reasonable it just some people want a litte more bass and volume like the Sprint Hero

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
He probably want it as loud as the HTC Hero was that was a beast phone King Kong in the Trunk the Evo is more like an iPod Touch it about the same volume but that probably cause they don't want you to go deaf I think the volume is reasonable it just some people want a litte more bass and volume like the Sprint Hero

They do have extension speakers you can add that plug into the speaker headphone jack if you need the real loud sound and bass.

sent from EVO4GLTE

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
(Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
end Quote)

They do have extension speakers you can add that plug into the speaker headphone jack if you need the real loud sound and bass.

sent from EVO4GLTE
They sell those speakers next to the punctuation in the store.

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you grammar queen for the hints...:beer::D

sent from EVO4GLTE

Yea thank to him also lol you never know who will be checking your posts for grammar or solutions to your questions you get a little bit of both on the internet;)O:) they are like undercover Grammar Police cause you don't know you care and who don't.

Reactions: Mercury81

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci