Frozen & Self Reboot

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I came home, plugged my Evo LTE into the charger, pressed power to wake it, then was pressing the volume up to raise the ringer volume (like I do every night). It got the volume halfway and then just froze completely. Nothing worked. I was just staring at a completely frozen lock screen. Pressed and held the power button until the three touch buttons started flashing but didn't remember what to do, and I didn't want to wipe the phone by accident!

So I set it down and came to the forums to look up the magic key sequence and while looking, the phone just rebooted itself, as if it realized it was frozen due to a watchdog timer or something. Now it is normal again!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
The "magic key sequence" is hold down power for 10 seconds. The bottom buttons will flash when it's ready to shut down. Looks like you discovered that by accident :p

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The "magic key sequence" is hold down power for 10 seconds. The bottom buttons will flash when it's ready to shut down. Looks like you discovered that by accident :p

Well, not by accident, I knew I had to hold the power down for 10 seconds, but didn't know what to press after that. The indicators blink for a few seconds, then stop blinking and nothing. The phone just sits there still frozen. Try it all again... same thing. Try it a third time.... same thing.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Weird, so you didn't let up on power when they started flashing or anything like that? You kept it held down and they just stopped blinking with no other result?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

thekidcalledl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
its been happening to my phone ever since the new ota sometimes not even when charging, but basically its like it attempts 3 or 4 times then finally reboots dont think anything can be done about it on your end , im about to root my phone hoping that none of these issues occur

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Weird, so you didn't let up on power when they started flashing or anything like that? You kept it held down and they just stopped blinking with no other result?

Exactly. I tried both- holding power many seconds (10, 20) past the blinking and letting go quickly after blinking.