Weather is always incorrect - after OTA

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
After the OTA, my weather animation on my lock screen has been incorrect. It always has the time of day correct but keeps saying "Partly sunny with Thunder shower" or "Partly cloudy with Thunder shower"... The Thunder shower part is incorrect.

If I force a refresh of weather, then it becomes correct for an hour or so, but then it always reverts back to ...with Thunder shower.

My location and time is correct.
I am set to auto refresh weather every 3 hours.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Mine has been doing that since the original EVO! It will be accurate for the most part after a refresh, but after waking says the same thing as yours. Frustrating.

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
This has most certainly been an issue before the update. To the OP, if you set your update interval to one hour instead of three, that will fix the issue. The battery life in this phone is so good that you shouldn't notice any difference in battery drain.

Reactions: baykcd

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
This is probably my biggest legitimate complain with this phone. I have to update it manually every time I want accurate weather, because it defaults to "sunny with thunderstorms" every time I leave the screen off for more than 15 minutes. I cannot understand why it can't just keep the last update until the next scheduled one?

It's gotten significantly worse since the OTA, so I'll change my update interval to 1 hour and see if I notice it happening less.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
This is probably my biggest legitimate complain with this phone. I have to update it manually every time I want accurate weather, because it defaults to "sunny with thunderstorms" every time I leave the screen off for more than 15 minutes. I cannot understand why it can't just keep the last update until the next scheduled one?

It's gotten significantly worse since the OTA, so I'll change my update interval to 1 hour and see if I notice it happening less.

Sounds like a case of HTC SmartSync!... Maybe.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Well SmartSync turns off WiFi and data after 15 minutes of the screen being off between 12AM and 7AM iirc.Might have something to do with it. There's an app called SmartSync Disabler that will turn it off in the market.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Ooh, yeah I've heard of that. It's actually most noticeable during the day, so while that may also do it at night, it's not something that I notice too often.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This has most certainly been an issue before the update. To the OP, if you set your update interval to one hour instead of three, that will fix the issue. The battery life in this phone is so good that you shouldn't notice any difference in battery drain.

Works...
Believe setting it to 2 hours fixes it as well. Not 100% on that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon