My pictures....

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is now, but in the example you gave in post #4 the file path is "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM100/MEDIA". That is the phone's storage, not an external sd card. Yeah, I know it says "sdcard" in the path, but if it were really an external sd card it would say "/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/DCIM/100MEDIA"

But when the phone is plugged into my laptop and I go to dcim/100media it shows pictures that are months old, some of them out of the 20-30 are pics that I've taken within the last 2 months but none of the pics from the 3-4 weeks are anywhere to be found but they are on the phone, there is roughly 270 of them. Also like I posted before, some if the pictures I Thought I erased are Still viewable. Make sense?! Could it be something to do with memory space/usage?

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I suspect some of your pictures may be in the "phone storage", while the rest are on your sd card. I would suggest installing the app "ES File Explorer" from the play store. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=tNV7_cat

That way you can see exactly where things are located. Also, another thing to keep in mind is if you use the continuous shooting mode it doesn't store the pictures in the same folder until you select "best shot" and it deletes all the others.

BTW, I had changed the location to storage card in the camera app. Your last screen shot prompted me to change everything else to storage card as well. I remember thinking before that it must not be possible to change where messages are stored. Thanks.

Last edited:

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I suspect some of your pictures may be in the "phone storage", while the rest are on your sd card. I would suggest installing the app "ES File Explorer" from the play store. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=Az0xTHSm

That way you can see exactly where things are located. Also, another thing to keep in mind is if you use the continuous shooting mode it doesn't store the pictures in the same folder until you select "best shot" and it deletes all the others.

BTW, I had changed the location to storage card in the camera app. Your last screen shot prompted me to change everything else to storage card as well. I remember thinking before that it must not be possible to change where messages are stored. Thanks.

I use astro file manager. I'm aware of the burst mode and how it's stored! Thanks for the info though. Opened the camera app and it's set to storage card. This has got me confused as a mofo'

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, this is what I've experienced with trying to connect my phone to my computer... I have a 32GB microSD card that I bought for the OG Evo, so when I got my new Evo, naturally I popped that in.

When the phone is connect to the computer, if I choose "Media sync", then both the phone's internal memory and my SD card can be seen as separate drives. However, not all of the files on the card are detected by the computer--None of the pictures I took with the phone show up, for instance. But the movies that I had saved on the card previously show up. HTC Sync on the computer does not detect the phone.

If I choose "Disk Drive", then only my SD card shows up, and all of the files on the card can be seen. Card is temporarily and automatically unmounted on the phone, is remounted when I disconnect the USB cable. HTC Sync on the computer does not detect the phone.

If I choose "HTC Sync Manager", the USB Debugging mode is turned on automatically, and HTC Sync on the computer detects the phone. Both the internal memory and the SD card show up as separate drives, but still not all the files on the card are accessible.

AirDroid currently does not support reading content on the SD card. I've asked. They're working on it, however. I don't know if this next issue is true with all Evo LTEs, or just me, but when my screen turns off, the connection to AirDroid is lost.

If you don't see your files on your external card when connected in "Disk Drive" mode, I suggest you get a microSD adapter so that your computer's SD card reader can read it. Then, when you need to access/transfer files, simply unmount the card or turn off your phone, and read the card directly.

So I hooked up to the laptop last night and clicked on "media sync". As stated, I was able to access both, the phone storage and the card storage. Sure enough, the pictures that I was unable to see when mounted as "disk drive" were available in media sync. So now my question is how do I put them onto the card??? Also when I put music on the card it want available but if I put it on the phone it works in "play music". This also has me scratching my head!! Thanks for the info.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So I hooked up to the laptop last night and clicked on "media sync". As stated, I was able to access both, the phone storage and the card storage. Sure enough, the pictures that I was unable to see when mounted as "disk drive" were available in media sync. So now my question is how do I put them onto the card??? Also when I put music on the card it want available but if I put it on the phone it works in "play music". This also has me scratching my head!! Thanks for the info.
I have all of my music on my card under the "Music" folder, and they play fine using the "Music" app, as well as the third party music app that I've installed, but do not show up in "Play Music" ...

28ajqxj.png
2wpnkvb.png

I guess "Play Music" just won't see anything on the card with the Evo LTE, regardless of how you get it there.

floycota

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into the camera settings, selecting phone storage, closing the camera app, reopening and then re-selecting the storage card.