Google Music Player loses songs after restart

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with the EVO LTE and the Google Music player. I would say in the last month or two, on almost every occasion, whenever I restart my phone, the Google Music Player loses the list of songs. So I have to go and clear the data/cache for the Music Player to find the songs again.

My songs are in the sd card and for some reason the HTC Music player still has the songs listed, even though the Google Music player doesn't after a restart.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Sometimes it's hit or miss but definitely irritating. But the HTC music player works just fine, so I don't know what the deal is with Google music?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just happened again...I swear I've had to clear the cache for Google Music about 15 times since I've bought this phone.

It always happens after a restart. It is very annoying, and strange the HTC music player doesn't have the same issue.

HTC step up you game, my next phone will definitely be a vanilla google phone, I'm done with all the different skins.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup this definitely happens to me. It's extremely annoying so I just use power amp until they fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem too. I think that because the evo has internal storage and an external sd card some apps scan one or both. The HTC stock music player scans both so it finds them in the sd card, however google play music is supposed to scan both but doesn't some times, and prefers to just check the internal storage, so if you keep your music on the internal storage then it won't happen again. It does seem annoyingly inconsistent though, and for awhile I kept my music on both the internal and external storage just so I would never have to deal with that problem. Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g LTE (3g only model!)

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this issue isn't discussed more. It bothers me more than any other issue this phone has. Play music is almost flawless except for this.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech