Does anyone know if it's possible to wirelessly tether my Nexus 7 to my EVO4LTE so I can share one data connection with them (ie, trick my N7 into thinking that it's connected to wifi for internet access when it's really using my Sprint data)? Does this require root on one or both of the devices? Thanks for any help you can provide!
    07-21-2012 06:54 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to wirelessly tether my Nexus 7 to my EVO4LTE so I can share one data connection with them (ie, trick my N7 into thinking that it's connected to wifi for internet access when it's really using my Sprint data)? Does this require root on one or both of the devices? Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Get some wifi tether app and use your phone as hotspot...
    Foxfi is the best option if you are not rooted

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    07-21-2012 08:03 PM
    if you cant find it in the place store just google it and download it from the developer website

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    jadecar13 likes this.
    07-21-2012 08:04 PM
    There's no way to let the Nexus 7 share the 3G directly since it doesn't have a 3G antenna and we don't have a removable SIM card to use in it even if it did. But yeah, as clockstopper said, foxfi will open up a hotspot for you. By the way, how is the Nexus 7?
    07-21-2012 08:45 PM
    Thanks worked like a dream so far
    07-23-2012 10:11 PM
    I've got a Nexus 7 and use FoxFi once in a while. The Nexus 7 is really a nice tablet. I really wish I had access to true Internet at my house. Needless to say, if I want to do anything offline with it, it is great. But once I try to go online, I use FoxFi to tether and it works a little bit.

The only issue I have with FoxFi is that it seems to be pretty slow and the connection is intermittent at best. However, I am not sure if this is a FoxFi issue or an Evo LTE multitasking issue. Who knows. Either way, it's ok for Facebook and ESPN, but heavier stuff/streaming doesn't really work with it for me. Granted this is on a junk 3G network with no upgrade in sight.
    07-24-2012 09:45 AM
    Followed the directions and downloaded foxfi. The Nexus 7 is great right now, but the connection does not work between the N7 and the EVO. Any idea of how to get it to work? Could it be due to the fact that I have a week signal at home?
    07-25-2012 03:34 PM
    Followed the directions and downloaded foxfi. The Nexus 7 is great right now, but the connection does not work between the N7 and the EVO. Any idea of how to get it to work? Could it be due to the fact that I have a week signal at home?
    Does it show foxfi active in notification drop down ?

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    07-25-2012 08:08 PM
    Yes, but no connection. It gets stuck at 0/230 bites on the Foxfi on my phone. Don't know if that's a sign of them throttling or a bad connection, though.
    07-27-2012 11:47 AM
    Does Foxfi work with 4g?
    07-27-2012 12:43 PM
    Does Foxfi work with 4g?
    Yup!

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    07-27-2012 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD