Has anyone had their screen completely freeze? I can turn the screen off and on but I can't get it to let me unlock it. Its frozen on the launcher basically. Everything is stock and I've had the phone since launch.

I've tried restarting and that didn't work and I've tried letting the phone die completely and also failed there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 02:30 PM
    Yep several times over the last couple days. Seems like waiting works, not sure what is going on.

Happened twice yesterday. Did a full restart and hasn't happened again (yet).
    07-22-2012 03:17 PM
    07-22-2012 03:40 PM
    I think I'm in a different boat here. My screen is "frozen" as in I can't unlock it but I can still turn the volume up and down and that registers and even pops up on screen showing like normal.

I can hold down power and a message will pop up telling me to keep holding power down if I want a restart. I do, it reboots to the same mess. Its as if my screen lost its touch screen abilities.

Hell I can even still do a screenshot of my phone and that still works.

07-22-2012 07:25 PM
    Me too Joe. It's really just the "content" of the screen that's frozen.

The strange thing for me was I could hit the power button and my screen would turn off. Hit it again and I would see my lock screen and I would be able to unlock the phone just fine. However once unlocked it would go back to that frozen screen.
    07-22-2012 07:49 PM
    Me too Joe. It's really just the "content" of the screen that's frozen.

The strange thing for me was I could hit the power button and my screen would turn off. Hit it again and I would see my lock screen and I would be able to unlock the phone just fine. However once unlocked it would go back to that frozen screen.
    Yeah same here. No idea what to do it's been like this for about a day now.

07-22-2012 08:15 PM
    Just tried a factory reset and nothing. Boots back up and the situation is the same. Looks like I'm going to a sprint store tomorrow.

07-22-2012 09:13 PM
    I think I'm in a different boat here. My screen is "frozen" as in I can't unlock it but I can still turn the volume up and down and that registers and even pops up on screen showing like normal.
    Yes, sounds like a very different freeze, mine was a complete and utter freeze.
    07-22-2012 09:24 PM
    They ordered the parts to fix it so no total replacement for me just yet.

07-24-2012 07:19 AM
    They ordered the parts to fix it so no total replacement for me just yet.

Hmm. What parts?
    07-24-2012 07:29 AM
    I'm assuming they're going to replace the screen.

07-24-2012 11:59 AM
    Actually now that I look at the paperwork it's diagnosed as a broken digitizer so that's what they're having to order. It controls all touch function.
    07-25-2012 01:28 PM
    So I got the call today, got down there and I was told that its such a new phone they are just swapping them out. I got another EVO 4g LTE for free. Awesome!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 05:24 PM

I can hold down power and a message will pop up telling me to keep holding power down if I want a restart. I do, it reboots to the same mess. Its as if my screen lost its touch screen abilities.

Hell I can even still do a screenshot of my phone and that still works.

12-06-2015 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD