Anyone experience this.....?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just today noticed this weird kind of greenish looking line that goes straight down the right side of the screen of my phone. It's easier to see when the screen is dark, but it is always noticeable. I just got this phone as a refurbished replacement on Friday. Thoughts?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well now that I am looking at the picture it posted I can't see it from the screen shot, but needless to say it is here on my phone.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
It's most likely related to the actual hardware on the digitizer, I would go to a sprint store and see what they say and if it is the actual hardware ill need another refurb

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am going to call them again today and ask for a brand new phone. The phone is barely 2 months old and I don't want another refurbished phone. They say they are fixed up to their standards but obviously it is just a repackaged piece of crap. Hey you can get a good look at the steak by sticking your head up the butcher's a#@. lol

AppleR112

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have one from May 24, 2012. I get that green block from top to bottom in the middle of the screen each time I double click the screen to zoom in on a web page, using Dolphin Browser HD. I don't know what it is; I now pinch and spread to zoom.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I am going to call them again today and ask for a brand new phone. The phone is barely 2 months old and I don't want another refurbished phone. They say they are fixed up to their standards but obviously it is just a repackaged piece of crap. Hey you can get a good look at the steak by sticking your head up the butcher's a#@. lol

True to that lol

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well now that I am looking at the picture it posted I can't see it from the screen shot, but needless to say it is here on my phone.

That's because screenshots will not display screen abnormalities. When you take a screenshot you're actually capturing what the GPU sent to be rendered, not the result of the rendering. Think of it in desktop PC terms: if your monitor is damaged and you take a screenshot, the screenshot won't display that damage because it was taken from what the PC intends to display and not from the monitor.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just found that out in trying that. Sprint absolutely refuses to give me a brand new phone though, being that I am outside my 14 days obviously. I have been more than happy with Sprint the last 3 or so years. Yesterday however, they really dropped the ball in the information I was given during the course of the day and what ended up really coming of it. I'm not just sour because I want a brand new phone and not a refurbished one, but also about how they handled everything.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a rogue app, go through and find out which one is causing the green line. Problem solved like having having a new phone no hassle :thumbup::D.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone is a refurbished one. The guy at repair shop thinks it is a digitizer issue. It almost looks like the screen is off center.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This phone is a refurbished one. The guy at repair shop thinks it is a digitizer issue. It almost looks like the screen is off center.

My badd,I know from my few experiences I would once in a while download an app which would cause my phone to act up. Good luck hope you get this issue fixed.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. There should be a certain amount of time, say six months, before you should have to get a refurbished phone. The phone has been available for less than 2 months. This is a joke.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. There should be a certain amount of time, say six months, before you should have to get a refurbished phone. The phone has been available for less than 2 months. This is a joke.

You can get a brand new phone for up to a year, you just have to go trough HTC warranty and not Sprint TEP. If it's a manufacturer's defect, it's HTC's fault not Sprint's.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I had a refurbed evo 4g and it worked well up to my new upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2