Weather Clock Widget Help

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure someone posted how to fix this when the phone was first released, but I have not been able to find it in the forum here. Mine keeps telling me that it is 78 with thunderstorms whenever my phone awakes from sleep. Was there a certain way to set it in the settings to prevent this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a know problem. Its been happening since day 1. I sent a message to HTC about this bug but has yet to get an answer. For now I'm using a different weather widget. Cant deal with HTC bugs which they claim are "features"

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Or, instead of using a whole new weather widget, just change your weather update settings within the widget to update every hour instead of every 3. This phone's battery is so good u won't notice any change anyways.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Or, instead of using a whole new weather widget, just change your weather update settings within the widget to update every hour instead of every 3. This phone's battery is so good u won't notice any change anyways.

That doesnt alway work. I tried that and it was fine until this morning it went back to thunderstorms smh.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
U sure u dont have thunderstorms in your forecast? It goes by the hourly schedule. Think some of the blame goes to it and not a bug.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason when I was on my first device I remember reading some kind of fix on here or another forum and I did it and it worked, but now I can't seem to get it to work on this second phone.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I actually just remembered, ha. You go in to Settings>Date and Time>Uncheck Automatic Date and Time and Automatic Time Zone >back out and reset phone. That should do it.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
U sure u dont have thunderstorms in your forecast? It goes by the hourly schedule. Think some of the blame goes to it and not a bug.

No thunderstorms in the forecast. I fly model planes so I'm constantly checking the weather and windspeed. Since its so hot to fly in the daytime I usually go early in the mornings around 7-8am and the phone is usaully showing thunderstorms. I have to constantly refresh it and sometimes it will say it cant connect to the server even though I have 5 solid bars.

We havent had rain in the last week and its been showing thunderstorms everyday. This is sense 4.0 bug because even the guys on the AT&T One X forums is having the same problem

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My suggested fix from above didn't work, but for whatever reason I am using the smaller weather/clock widget and it doesn't have the same problem for me.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No thunderstorms in the forecast. I fly model planes so I'm constantly checking the weather and windspeed. Since its so hot to fly in the daytime I usually go early in the mornings around 7-8am and the phone is usaully showing thunderstorms. I have to constantly refresh it and sometimes it will say it cant connect to the server even though I have 5 solid bars.

We havent had rain in the last week and its been showing thunderstorms everyday. This is sense 4.0 bug because even the guys on the AT&T One X forums is having the same problem

Ok, I can't really test this bc I'm not having the issue anymore. Try going into apps>all>HTC weather and clearing data on the 3 HTC weather apps not including wallpaper. Reset your phone and see if this helps. Also have updates scheduled for every hour in settings.

I verified it doesn't mess anything up, so try it and see if it helps.

If ur that dependant on weather maybe u should get weatherbug? They have more detailed weather info than accuweather HTC widget.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I can't really test this bc I'm not having the issue anymore. Try going into apps>all>HTC weather and clearing data on the 3 HTC weather apps not including wallpaper. Reset your phone and see if this helps. Also have updates scheduled for every hour in settings.

I verified it doesn't mess anything up, so try it and see if it helps.

If ur that dependant on weather maybe u should get weatherbug? They have more detailed weather info than accuweather HTC widget.

Ive tried that several times and still the same thing. This is definately a bug. Its been raining all morning but the weather app is showing sunny. Thats if I set the weather to update using the current location which it displays as charlotte. If I go in and add charlotte manually it shows the correct weather info as raining.

So in the weather app, I have 2 cities. One from my current location and one that I added manually. The update my current location is broken.

Nick4208

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with the weather no showing my current city. I e-mail HTC and they told me to clear all clock and weather data in all apps then reboot the phone. It worked for me, also if you use the stock task manager do not kill google services and htc weather services.

renegadetx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with the weather no showing my current city. I e-mail HTC and they told me to clear all clock and weather data in all apps then reboot the phone. It worked for me, also if you use the stock task manager do not kill google services and htc weather services.

Thanks! This worked for me! Corrected my city being wrong.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The whole weather app is broken. This morning I went out to fly and I took 3 screen shots of the weather app. One for NY and two for charlotte. One using the location service and the other I added manually.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No it isn't. It's worked fine for me since day one.

I wonder though...has anyone actually checked the weather in their area on accuweather.com to see if they match or not? That is where the widget get it's info from.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No it isn't. It's worked fine for me since day one.

I wonder though...has anyone actually checked the weather in their area on accuweather.com to see if they match or not? That is where the widget get it's info from.

I dont know how often you look at the weather app, but so many people having issues clearly shows that the app is broken in sense 4. it hasnt rained here in the last 7 days but every morning I get up and its showing sunny with thunderstorm, and its doing it for more than one city. It cant be a coincident that 2 cities I have is showing the same forecast. And I've checked acuweather online and it shows the right weather.

Its not like this all the time, but its frustrating to now that the weather app may not be accurate when you are somewhere where you cant really tell what the weather is like

Edit:

Just took 2 more screen shots. Both cities Charlotte. One I added manually and one thats geting info based on location. As you can see the one that I added manually is showing forecasts for may around the same time the evo was released and the other one is showing the forcast for june

Last edited:

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I do check it often and most every time it shows the correct weather. I even have it set to where it does an animation on the home screen when I wake the phone up. I have the car dock and even watch it switch from city to city as I drive along the interstate and it updates the temperature as well as the forecast as they change. I would say I wonder if it is a location issue...but that wouldn't make sense.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I do check it often and most every time it shows the correct weather. I even have it set to where it does an animation on the home screen when I wake the phone up. I have the car dock and even watch it switch from city to city as I drive along the interstate and it updates the temperature as well as the forecast as they change. I would say I wonder if it is a location issue...but that wouldn't make sense.

Works fine for me as well...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

crimedog1989

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I had read in some other blogs that if you have an advanced task killer app installed that it has a conflict with the built in task killer on the phone. I uninstalled my advanced task killer the other day and my weather app has been working fine since and so far. I also talked with a Sprint rep at the store today and he had heard the same thing. Also he told me that Sprint is having a problem with the LTE and SIII phones being able to receive the 4g signals from the towers and that they are working on a update for the phones.