Video Images not playing on computer

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
When I try to view videos shot on my Evo on my computer, or email them to my computer, I am just getting the sound, not the video. I tried WMedia Player. Tried Quicktime and got an error message. These are MP4 files. I thought they would play easily on my computer.
Sorry this might be a simple question, but new to Android. Thanks

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
When I try to view videos shot on my Evo on my computer, or email them to my computer, I am just getting the sound, not the video. I tried WMedia Player. Tried Quicktime and got an error message. These are MP4 files. I thought they would play easily on my computer.
Do you have a youtube account (via gmail)? It's extremely easy to upload it there right from your phone, best to do it via WiFi.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Mine seem to play properly with vlc and quicktime...havnt tested wm player.

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

that not a problem with anything but the way you hold your phone. if you hold it landscape, you will have no problems playing it on everything. but if you hold it vertical, it will only play with vlc or your phone. this has always been an issue with recording videos in vertical.... so be sure to hold your phone landscape or just use vlc. hope this helps

Aceroth

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have also recently purchased a EVO 4G LTE and took a trip to the beach this weekend. I recorded a few videos, ( holding the camera landscape style) and I cannot get the .mp4 files to play with VLC or any other media player on a pc. Any thoughts? I can view the videos fine on the phone, just not from PC.

I do not wish to upload my videos to YouTube or other sites to fix this issue. I should be able to copy my own video files (using import videos and pictures from Windows 7, while connected as Media Sync via HTC sync cable).

I also cannot use the HTC Sync Manager, but I have read that this is a common problem and that only the HTC Ones can use that new Sync Manager as opposed to the old HTC Sync... Even though my phone is listed as a "compatible or designed for device" for the new program.

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Stock Sprint EVO 4G LTE (not rooted)

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have also recently purchased a EVO 4G LTE and took a trip to the beach this weekend. I recorded a few videos, ( holding the camera landscape style) and I cannot get the .mp4 files to play with VLC or any other media player on a pc. Any thoughts? I can view the videos fine on the phone, just not from PC.

I do not wish to upload my videos to YouTube or other sites to fix this issue. I should be able to copy my own video files (using import videos and pictures from Windows 7, while connected as Media Sync via HTC sync cable).

I also cannot use the HTC Sync Manager, but I have read that this is a common problem and that only the HTC Ones can use that new Sync Manager as opposed to the old HTC Sync... Even though my phone is listed as a "compatible or designed for device" for the new program.

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Stock Sprint EVO 4G LTE (not rooted)

Download apple quicktime on your pc... Works like a charm

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15