Maps using 15% of battery?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife and I have EVO 4G LTE and we both love them - but that is where our similarities end. My battery life is phenomenal, I easily get a full day, she gets about 10 hours. I have all our settings the same, but when I look at her "what's been using the battery" It shows Maps is using up to 15% of her battery. She says she never uses Maps - what could be using this?

One difference is that I use beautiful widgets and have disabled all the HTC Weather stuff. She is still using the stock time/weather widget. Could the weather stuff be using Maps to get her location to show local weather?

Thoughts?

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Had the same question with my one X, what I've been told is that your GPS will log as maps. Try turning your GPS off and you'll see maps won't show up anymore if not used.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while, I see Maps "go rogue" and start using 14% or more of the battery, when it normally is around 2-3%; when that happens, I go to "manage apps" and force stop Maps. It then behaves like normal again.

Reactions: Mikey47

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while, I see Maps "go rogue" and start using 14% or more of the battery, when it normally is around 2-3%; when that happens, I go to "manage apps" and force stop Maps. It then behaves like normal again.

This must have been it!! Another victim of the "Fast Boot" issue. She said she had restarted her phone numerous times of the last week and I foolishly thought she really meant "restart". Actually she had been doing "Shutdown" and turning it back on. Well, we know with fast boot enabled this doesn't really restart.

So, I completely restarted phone and it has been running 12 hours now and Maps doesn't even appear on the power consumption list. Of course won't know if this really buys here more battery life for a couple days, but my fingers are crossed.

Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox