Sprint Hotspot Hack

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi rocks. My wife was paying 29 a month for hotspot! I'll be cancelling that first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the info guys.

Please note- it is against the rules to use Foxfi and Sprint is likely to block it at some point. So don't get too used to it. Even if by some miracle it is not blocked, I would use it sparingly and gingerly, because excess data usage will attract attention.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you use foxfi, download the foxfi add-on as well. The add on disguises the tethering signature your device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi seems like it worked better than the sprint hot spot. Here's some proof: 1. I checked the speed of the sprint hot spot and it said max: 800kbs on Foxfi, it says Max speed: 5mbs 2. My phone would actually overheat when using the sprint hot spot but with foxfi it just gets slightly warm. 3. I was actually paying $10 a month for slower internet, when foxfi is free and fast. Convinced?

Sent from LG Optimus S running ICS using Taptalk

Were you using that LG Optimus S? If so, 5mbs on the Sprint network is impossible since that is only a 3g phone.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
with foxfi, does one have to do the url proxy and/or map to that URL in order for traffic to be "masked", or is it enough to enable the proxy?

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
with foxfi, does one have to do the url proxy and/or map to that URL in order for traffic to be "masked", or is it enough to enable the proxy?

If ur using the proxy add on, you need to input the IP address & port # foxfi gives you into your browser's connection settings. Works well with Chrome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

crazy292013

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI new Jelly Bean Update on HTC doesnt work on wifi it brings the sprint hotspot up and does nothing now, ive even purchased the foxfi app cant get it to connect to tablet or computer. If you find out how please let me know

thanks

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've contacted Foxfi and they are working on an update for JB. In the mean time they suggested using PdaNet, which they claim their full version Foxfi key works with...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I've contacted Foxfi and they are working on an update for JB. In the mean time they suggested using PdaNet, which they claim their full version Foxfi key works with...

Too bad that PdaNet doesn't do wifi hotspot, so it would be completely useless for me. It is nice that they somehow traded/shared activation keys, though.

Mikemercado

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Well. I NEED HELP ANYBODY PLEASE. I have a HTC desire 510 from boost.. now Sprint owns boost.. is there any way I could get free WiFi hotspot in my phone I tryed FoxFi and a whole of other apps and when I'm bout to turn on the hotspot it says the same thing every time that. " YOU ARE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO A HOTSPOT" now can some body please help I'm just trying to use my new i pad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac