Authorize HTC Sense Notification

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
How can I get rid of the "Authorize HTC Sense" in the notifications?

I do not want to have Facebook do whatever with HTC sense. I am not really sure what HTC Sense is or how it makes life better. But I must have hit something and now it is a constant in the notifications.

From wikipedia( as the HTC Sense website has absolutely nothing), it seems like the features of HTC are available as apps or through play store.

I genereally do not like when all these sites connect with each other, not really necessary in my opinion. Thanks

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
How can I get rid of the "Authorize HTC Sense" in the notifications?

I do not want to have Facebook do whatever with HTC sense. I am not really sure what HTC Sense is or how it makes life better. But I must have hit something and now it is a constant in the notifications.

From wikipedia( as the HTC Sense website has absolutely nothing), it seems like the features of HTC are available as apps or through play store.

I genereally do not like when all these sites connect with each other, not really necessary in my opinion. Thanks

I'm not quite sure what notification you're getting or where it's appearing, but HTC Sense is the interface on the phone (kind of like Microsoft Windows would be on a computer). Can you post a screenshot of the notification you're getting? You can take a screenshot by pressing the power button and home button at the same time the next time you see the notification that you're posting about.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried, wow, everything about android is so hard. I got the png image in the DCIM folder, media synced to my computer. IE would not open the upload box. Firefox did, but said invalid file or format. It just says "Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook..." and been there for over a month. Not sure how to upload the png file.

An Earlier Post - While in Media Sync mode, I made a folder called "Pizza" and moved some photos to it. Then I changed the name to "~pizza" and moved some more photos to it. Then I changed the name to "Pizzahighlights" that has all the photos and videos. This is what it shows when in sync mode. One folder with all the files.
But on the phone I still have Pizza and ~pizza and no pizzahightlights. I have restarted the phone.
Why is there a difference in what I see on my computer in sync and what is on the phone?
Thanks

t0mb3rt

May 30, 2012
Visit site
You are the type of person that iPhones were made for.

That said, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Tapatalk herp derp lulz.

Reactions: HnLA

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried, wow, everything about android is so hard. I got the png image in the DCIM folder, media synced to my computer. IE would not open the upload box. Firefox did, but said invalid file or format. It just says "Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook..." and been there for over a month. Not sure how to upload the png file.

An Earlier Post - While in Media Sync mode, I made a folder called "Pizza" and moved some photos to it. Then I changed the name to "~pizza" and moved some more photos to it. Then I changed the name to "Pizzahighlights" that has all the photos and videos. This is what it shows when in sync mode. One folder with all the files.
But on the phone I still have Pizza and ~pizza and no pizzahightlights. I have restarted the phone.
Why is there a difference in what I see on my computer in sync and what is on the phone?
Thanks

Now that you posted "Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook...", that makes some more sense. It sounds like the HTC widget for Facebook is trying to access your Facebook account to be able to provide you notifications (and/or whatever else it does - I don't use it....). You should be able to make that stop by doing the following:

1. Activate your screen and go to Settings by swiping down from the upper left corner of the screen, and then pressing Settings towards the upper right corner of the screen.

2. Scroll down to Apps, and select it.

3. In Apps, you'll see a row at the top with Download, On phone storage, Running, and All. Press All.

4. Scroll down to Facebook for HTC Sense, select it, and then select Disable. Disregard any warnings that may display about the phone not functioning properly if you disable Facebook for HTC Sense; I have it deactivated, and haven't had any problems.

5. That should hopefully stop the notifications, as the app/widget will no longer be running on the phone.

As far as Media Sync goes, I've never used it, so I can't help there. When I want to physically link my phone and computer (there are ways to do this wirelessly too), I just put the phone in Disc Drive mode, not Media Sync mode, and access the phone via Windows Explorer on my PC to transfer files, rename folders, etc. Perhaps that will work for you too.

Reactions: HnLA

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, got rid of the Facebook message.
But do not see a Disc Drive mode. Is it under "choose a connection type"?
I usually use the media sync as its like a drive on my PC. I tried now Internet pass-thru but not sure how that works.
But like I said the connection to the PC shows different folders than what the phone says. I am not sure how that is possible.
Thanks

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, got rid of the Facebook message.
But do not see a Disc Drive mode. Is it under "choose a connection type"?
I usually use the media sync as its like a drive on my PC. I tried now Internet pass-thru but not sure how that works.
But like I said the connection to the PC shows different folders than what the phone says. I am not sure how that is possible.
Thanks

Yes, Disc Drive mode is under "choose a connection type". You can default to Disc Drive mode by doing the following:

1. Activate your screen and go to Settings by swiping down from the upper left corner of the screen, and then pressing Settings towards the upper right corner of the screen.

2. Scroll down to Connect to PC, and select it.

3. Select Default connection type, and then choose Disc drive.

4. You can then UNCHECK Ask me if you don't want to be prompted for what to do each time you plug in the phone to the computer.

5. In Disc Drive mode, your phone will show up as a drive on your computer when you plug it in. You can then rename your folders on both the phone AND the computer to be whatever you want them to be (and to be the same thing). Going forward, rather than having the folders automatically sync (but with the wrong names as you've indicated), you'll be able to just copy, move, drag and drop, or however you'd like to manually move/copy the files from your phone to the computer. In doing that, you'll have control over what's done, and you'll be sure to have the same name folders each time.

Hope the above helps as well.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I did 1 and 2, but only have Charge only, HTC Sync Mgr, USB tethering, Media Sync, Internet pass though.
I got the files corrected by removing and recopying them . in Media Sync. Media Sync is like a disc drive, so maybe we are talking about the same thing.
I appreciate your help. The people at the Sprint Store are not that knowledgable/helpful.

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I did 1 and 2, but only have Charge only, HTC Sync Mgr, USB tethering, Media Sync, Internet pass though.
I got the files corrected by removing and recopying them . in Media Sync. Media Sync is like a disc drive, so maybe we are talking about the same thing.
I appreciate your help. The people at the Sprint Store are not that knowledgable/helpful.

I actually have both Media Sync AND Disc Drive mode on my phone. I'm not sure why your phone is displaying something different than mine. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else I can offer in terms of help. I guess if you were able to rename both manually on your phone and computer that way though, I guess the same end-objective has been achieved. Good luck!

Cortney Curran

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that you posted "Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook...", that makes some more sense. It sounds like the HTC widget for Facebook is trying to access your Facebook account to be able to provide you notifications (and/or whatever else it does - I don't use it....). You should be able to make that stop by doing the following:

2. Scroll down to Apps, and select it.

3. In Apps, you'll see a row at the top with Download, On phone storage, Running, and All. Press All.

4. Scroll down to Facebook for HTC Sense, select it, and then select Disable. Disregard any warnings that may display about the phone not functioning properly if you disable Facebook for HTC Sense; I have it deactivated, and haven't had any problems.

5. That should hopefully stop the notifications, as the app/widget will no longer be running on the phone.

As far as Media Sync goes, I've never used it, so I can't help there. When I want to physically link my phone and computer (there are ways to do this wirelessly too), I just put the phone in Disc Drive mode, not Media Sync mode, and access the phone via Windows Explorer on my PC to transfer files, rename folders, etc. Perhaps that will work for you too.

Mine is also acting goofy and giving me this notification. I cannot get rid of it. I followed these directions, but the "disable" button is not lit up for me to select. Now what?

kaylaartist

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem as of last week and was so happy to finally find the correct answer online on this forum, that is, until I got to the same place as the other....I cannot disable the app. I stopped it and unchecked notifications, but that's all. I have htc one 7
thanks for your help, Karen

Hiroshi15

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
True. Not able to "disable" (that's a whole separate topic on why you can/cannot enable, disable, force stop or delete certain apps) but I unchecked "notifications" and it appears to have stopped. Btw, this was on an HTC M8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34