New google wallet. Awesome

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I really like Google Wallet when it works. I'm all about carrying the least amount of crap possible at all times. Sadly as much as I hate Apple, I really don't think the Paypass type transactions will take off unless the Iphone jumps on the bandwagon.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It is. But I find it quicker than taking out my wallet, swiping my card, putting card back, pressing credit or debit (if it asks, most default to debit), and entering pin.

A minor convenience really, certainly not the end all be all to anything.

Yep, just think of what you will accomplish in life with that savings of 7 and a half seconds. We will watch for your Nobel prize announcement in the coming years.

:p

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think you missed klau25's point. It's not about who us actually charged in the end, he knows it will be charged to his account. His point is who does his credit card company think charged that amount.

Obviously Google is not a restaurant, grocery store, or gas station. If the charge is applied to his credit card from Google he could potentially lose those rewards of double miles.

I guess the answer is no one knows until you get your statement.

I knew what he meant hince why I said that if he was using HIS CARD not Google's it will work like he swiped the actual card lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, just think of what you will accomplish in life with that savings of 7 and a half seconds. We will watch for your Nobel prize announcement in the coming years.

Except it actually takes several seconds LONGER, by my estimate. And savings a few grams for a plastic card? Sorry, that doesn't make my wallet weigh any noticeably less.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Except it actually takes several seconds LONGER, by my estimate. And savings a few grams for a plastic card? Sorry, that doesn't make my wallet weigh any noticeably less.

Obviously where we are with the wallet technology now is just the beginning. For someone like me as soon as Paypass scanners are prevalent in retailers and ATM's I frequent I will no longer carry a "wallet" as I would have no need for it on a daily basis. All I would need is my phone, keys, and identification(I'm sure eventually there will be a digital version of this also). I know I'm not the only one out there looking forward to this. It all has to start somewhere.

Reactions: Hurleygm

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Bro the link just kinda supported what I originally said it all depends on Mc discover amex ect

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
It won't allow me to add my debit card I keep getting a error saying to try again later I tried at different times in the day and nada

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

chuckuykendall

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Google Wallet still does not work on my phone. It originally worked with no problems when most everyone else had a problem, now it seems the reverse is true. Karma, is that you?

--Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.--

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It won't allow me to add my debit card I keep getting a error saying to try again later I tried at different times in the day and nada

Go to settings /apps/and find Google wallet And clear data,, exit and go open app and set up. This will work.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Obviously where we are with the wallet technology now is just the beginning. For someone like me as soon as Paypass scanners are prevalent in retailers and ATM's I frequent I will no longer carry a "wallet" as I would have no need for it on a daily basis. All I would need is my phone, keys, and identification(I'm sure eventually there will be a digital version of this also). I know I'm not the only one out there looking forward to this. It all has to start somewhere.

Still have to carry at least insurance card, driver's license, health insurance card, car registration (well, I never leave mine in the car). I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Car keys are interesting- hmm, some cars will allow the phone to do lots of stuff (mine doesn't, though). Haven't seen Android home locks yet, but there are those with combination locks.

But what happens when you carry no credit cards, no debit card, and no cash, and your phone crashes, is dropped or submerged and ruined, suddenly has zero battery, or is missing? You would be stuck "away" and with absolutely no way to pay for or buy anything! Oh- we submit our fingerprints to the state and then not only can all our movements be tracked with phones and plate readers and cameras, but now everything we touch can be tracked too! Maybe I am too old and conservative.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't register my card, it continue to give me an error. Then my card disappeared in the app this morning. I had Google Checkout a long time ago, which they incorporated into Google Wallet.

Can someone help, please.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Still have to carry at least insurance card, driver's license, health insurance card, car registration (well, I never leave mine in the car). I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Car keys are interesting- hmm, some cars will allow the phone to do lots of stuff (mine doesn't, though). Haven't seen Android home locks yet, but there are those with combination locks.

But what happens when you carry no credit cards, no debit card, and no cash, and your phone crashes, is dropped or submerged and ruined, suddenly has zero battery, or is missing? You would be stuck "away" and with absolutely no way to pay for or buy anything! Oh- we submit our fingerprints to the state and then not only can all our movements be tracked with phones and plate readers and cameras, but now everything we touch can be tracked too! Maybe I am too old and conservative.

You know what, maybe your right on a lot of what you say,, you need to have certain things on your, that being said for me it's not about whether I don't need to carry one more card on me, because I always have my card on me. For me it's about going up to that register and opening my rewards cards app and having lady scan my screen at the market for my discount card rather than carring it on my key chain,, then tapping my phone on pay pad and paying and hearing the register person say "wow, that's one cool phone". Lolololol. Sometimes its has nothing to do with practicality or convenience,, sometimes it's all about ego. Lolololol lolololol. :cool:

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
In the future your phone will control everything. It will be hacked and your google self driving car will self drive it self away.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings /apps/and find Google wallet And clear data,, exit and go open app and set up. This will work.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

WORKED! but I lost the free 10 dollar gift for activating Google wallet