how do you make it not go to mobile web sites?

gts

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My EVO had an option to always go to standard web sites and not go to mobile sites. How do I get my EVO LTE do the same? The mobile web sites are many times stripped down and sometimes if I click on a link it won't load it because it keeps going to the mobile site where the link doesn't work. I tried selecting the "view desktop site" option in the setting when on a site but that seems to only work for the site I'm on but not all sites moving forward unless I select it for that site. Please help!

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm... Never really tried viewing desktop on my mobile let me poke around

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Google as homepage scroll down and click classic on view Google as then, menu, check off desktop view

Much easier with Google Chrome just check off desktop and it converts every mobile site I had bookmarked to desktop

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
In your browsers settings there is a box to check for view desktop sites.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
For the default browser, I've found that the "View Desktop Site" option does stick, but does not work properly on certain sites (such as Facebook). For most sites, if I decide to open a new page, or a link to a new tab, it usually opens the full desktop version, but for instance on Facebook, if I try to open a photo, it opens the mobile site. If I edit the URL, though, it usually works in getting me the desktop site.

Chrome, on the other hand, has a "Request desktop site" option, which only seems to work within the current tab--The default first tab is usually the bookmark, and when I open a new page in this tab, it stays using the desktop site. But as soon as I open a link to a new tab, or create a new tab manually, the "Request desktop site" option for the new tab is no longer checked.

On Firefox, I've installed an app called "Phony," which allows you to set the User Agent String to a desktop version, and this setting seems to stick. So this may be a better option for you.

reyalsnik

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you use Dolphin Browser, there is an add-on that allows you to quickly switch between mobile and desktop versions. I haven't seen any issues while using it.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
For the default browser, I've found that the "View Desktop Site" option does stick, but does not work properly on certain sites (such as Facebook). For most sites, if I decide to open a new page, or a link to a new tab, it usually opens the full desktop version, but for instance on Facebook, if I try to open a photo, it opens the mobile site. If I edit the URL, though, it usually works in getting me the desktop site.

Chrome, on the other hand, has a "Request desktop site" option, which only seems to work within the current tab--The default first tab is usually the bookmark, and when I open a new page in this tab, it stays using the desktop site. But as soon as I open a link to a new tab, or create a new tab manually, the "Request desktop site" option for the new tab is no longer checked.

On Firefox, I've installed an app called "Phony," which allows you to set the User Agent String to a desktop version, and this setting seems to stick. So this may be a better option for you.

Agreed...setting the user agent is the way to go. I've seen this option on some custom ROMs but didn't know about Phony. That's good to know...does it require root?

Sent from my EVO LTE

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
just enter in the default browser about:debug and then go to menu settings and change the the user string to desktop

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Agreed...setting the user agent is the way to go. I've seen this option on some custom ROMs but didn't know about Phony. That's good to know...does it require root?

Sent from my EVO LTE
Doesn't require root, but only works for Firefox. And I should have said "extension" instead of "app."

Reactions: PreMo15

windycityassassin

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
dolphin add on did not work for safaribooks. they automatically redirect to mobile version from university account , they do not let academic members to access via mobile devices. it requires personal membership.

Last edited: