Access /mnt/sdcard from PC?

FragU

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to stay stock Evo 4G LTE all-the-way... but it's hard coming from a rooted OG Evo and Cyanogenmod 7.x.

I'm trying to plug my new E4GLTE into my PC and access the /mnt/sdcard directory. I have downloaded a few YouTube videos and want to transfer them to my PC... but I can't get there from here.

I can use Astro on the phone to see the files and that they are where I think they are, but how can I transfer them (via USB) to the PC? As always, all help is ridiculously appreciated.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When you plug the phone in to your computer you have several options. Disk drive will mount the sd card (assuming you have one installed) while Media sync will give you access to part of the on board storage.

The bigger question here is, why would you want to remain stock? :(

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used the sync stuff yet, but have read that it sucks. My solution to this problem is use Astro (or any other file explorer) to copy the files from /mnt/sdcard/... to /mnt/sdcard2/... (which assumes you have a SD card installed). Then connect your phone to your PC using USB and select the disk drive option. Access the files as desired. I'd move the files off the SD card rather than copy them since they still reside in their original location, /mnt/sdcard/... on the phone.